What type of denture liner material do you prefer?

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! I was curious as to what denture liner materials everyone is using and what you like about the material that makes it your "go to" denture liner?

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
For ?
chairside reline hard acrylic, never do them
temp softliner immediate denture, permasoft, usable for about 6 months until first reline, direct impression but lab processed,
temp softliner, immediate denture, coe-soft, usable for about 6 weeks,
Tissue conditioning, hydro-cast,
Functional Impressions hydro cast,
Permanant softliner Molloplast B, but will try out Luci-soft on next order,
I used versacryl on one case with particularly vicious undercuts, didn't work as well as I had hoped, but the patient would have been better served with bone grafts.

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
For ?
temp softliner immediate denture, permasoft, usable for about 6 months until first reline, direct impression but lab processed,
I used versacryl on one case with particularly vicious undercuts, didn't work as well as I had hoped, but the patient would have been better served with bone grafts.

May I recommend Preference Soft Denture Liner on your next case with gnarly undercuts. It is a new soft permanent denture liner that is ideal for new, rebased, and relined dentures. The material is ideal for patients with severe undercuts or resorption as it snaps around the ridge and even uneven ridges. The liner provides a strong seal to protect against delamination, and the RTV silicone material is highly resistant to odor and bacteria. This long lasting denture liner should last your patients anywhere from 4-6 years!! Contact me if you would be interested in a trial of this product, or if you would like to get more information on this product, please visit Whip Mix's website at the following link for helpful videos and literature on this soft denture liner and its curing process.

http://whipmix.com/products/preference-soft-denture-liner/

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I am using Tokoyama products and find them very good for chair side relines. Since I do mostly hospital and nursing home patients I do a lot of them...But I carry about four or five different types of reline materials in my bag of reline stuff.

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Are you asking us for advice or are you here to sell us stuff?

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Are you asking us for advice or are you here to sell us stuff?
The intent of my question was to gather information about what denture reline/rebase materials were most commonly used, and what you guys liked/disliked about those materials. I do work for a dental product manufacturer called Whip Mix Corporation who is a sponsor of DLN. We have introduced a new reline/rebase material that we have brought to market, that I would like to get the word out there about this new long term denture reline material. But my intentions of this thread was to gather information on more commonly used materials and what people liked and disliked about them, so I could present that information to our sales team and R&D team to see if we can addresses those common issues with modern reline/rebase materials that our Preference Soft Denture Liner may solve or fix.

D

dborla01

Reaction score
We had used Permasoft for years, but switched to Versacryl....We like how it handles, etc.

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
You guys sell a polyether impression material that is comparable to 3m Impregum? (Not PVS).

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
You guys sell a polyether impression material that is comparable to 3m Impregum? (Not PVS).

Unfortunately we do not manufacture nor sell any gel impression materials. Sorry!

D

dborla01

Reaction score
Due to the taste of Versacryl,:( we are going back to Permasoft. :)

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
For ?
FWIW I have had Coe Soft in place for up to nine months and it is a bit cloudy but still intact....I use coe soft to establish whether or not a soft liner will work for the patient. If it works after about a month or so I will replace with molloplast. The nice thing about coesoft is that you can add to it successfully...take care and keep well..

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
So how will the Preference material work for say a custom tray in the Jiro Abe/ Suction denture technique? Ivoclair has stopped supplying Virtual silicone impression material. Second even though there are Denturists here as a US denture tech could I use this in a processed baseplate during set-up tryin stages and can it be added to or trimed with burs or stones?

N

NZClinician

Reaction score
For ?

I use LuciSoft. Used to use molloplast many moons ago, loved it, but then they changed it, and so I eventually ended up with lucisoft. You can buy it in sheets or dough, like molloplast, but I prefer sheets as it gives you a regular thickness to better judge amount applied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
vermasoft is good for according to test

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
For ?
I have also seen Molloplast B used to retain implant overdentures in place of a snapon attachment like a locator. There is a special type of implant abutment shaped like a football. The Molloplast B is processed in the lab over the abutment....At a recent seminar one of the oral surgeons said that method works very well....but I cannot find a source for those elongated football style abutments....