what to charge, what to charge...

magushnik

magushnik

Reaction score
what do you guys charge for implant cases if the Dr. gives you all the parts, and also what do you charge for the soft tissue. thanks Eli...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
If the Dr. gives you the implant parts, I charge 30% more than a regular crown, whatever it is. That will cover your pink tissue model and the extra time involved. Hope that helps.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Oh, just a tidbit of info about implants, DON'T EVER DO A NON-PRECIOUS CROWN ON A IMPLANT CASE......I believe the technical term is called galvanization, it's like chewing on aluminum foil with amalgam fillings, always make sure it's a noble or high noble metal.

magushnik

magushnik

Reaction score
rob i said the same exact thing to the dr regaurding the noble metal and he wasn't hearing it, so whatever, i'll do what he wants i just hope the patient is informed properly. thanks for your input!!!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it, pt.s comes first, if I had a client that couldn't understand that he/she wouldn't be my client. Then again, you could always do it with noble and not tell the dentist, or write a note saying you can't legitimately do that to the patient so you provided the noble free this time, but there won't be a next time, has to be at least noble.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
getting this post back to live....

I also interested in prices,
here are mine.

soft tissue model 48
cast ucla abutment with albacast 115.oo plus ucla
pbm crown over implant abut. 98 plus gold
screw in pbm crown 195 plus gold

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Anybody here do screw retained Captek....... Some of my Doctor's love this for some reason. I'll make a custom abutment, then go ahead and make a Captek crown over the top of that, but drill out a hole in the Captek for the screw. Most times I'll even cement (Multilink) the Captek crown on the custom implant abutment before sending it out to them.....
As for prices go, I still tell any Doctor that calls me that on average if I have to buy the parts, it's going to be about $500.00 per tooth (all ceramic abutments would be the exception of course). If they buy the parts, then It's going to be around $250.00 per tooth (-alloy). Hope that helps, but that's gotten me through the years and it's something simple the Doctor's can remember when quoting their patients.