• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the best and accurate the bite registration technique?

Discussion in 'Denturist' started by Hayden40, Jan 20, 2015.

1. mr-b

mr-b New Member Full Member

this how we do it
      1-upper bite hight, anterior 22mm and posterior 18(or 6mm) from the
      Tiberosity
      2-Lowe bite hight is 18mm
      3-check each of them in the patient mouth
      If you are not using Facebow
      4- mark two points, tip of the nose and chin
      5-measure the distance between two points, while the patient is relaxed(for example 40mm)
      6- orientation grooves placed on either maxillary or mandibular one
      7-after placing both upper and lower bite block in the patient mouth, make sure the hight of them in the patient mouth more than (40mm)

8-guide the patient to the most retrided position and let the patient close until the distance is 38mm

9-check that the bite is correct, at least two times 10 minutes apart.

2. JKraver
      Tired

JKraver Well-Known Member Full Member

Take the bite before the crown prep please.

3. highscore
      Hungover

highscore Member Full Member

Use the densply kit and get it over with. Re-useable Stainless steel plates instead of "sloppy" plastic pin-housings.

• Like Like x 2
    4. denturist-student

denturist-student Active Member Full Member

I have been using Massad pin tracers for a few cases now....Each one comes with enough plates or pins to tackle almost anything...But I do try and take pin tracings and facebows in as many cases as possible. The extra $14.00 for the pin tracer is peanuts when you consider a remake or reset for free. The pin tracer if nothing else ensures that the baseplates are having even pressure all around the arch provided pin placement is optimal....I don't worry so much as obtaining the correct vertical dimension but I do make necessary adjustments for the try in on the articulator.....I have worked with some really bad bite registrations due to patient intolerance or lack of strength to close with bite reg in place....or lack of muscular control....and take a check bite at try in.....most of my patients are extreme elderly or Parkinson's or MS or Stroke cases so it is really challenging getting a bite they functionally use.

5. highscore
      Hungover

highscore Member Full Member

I find that yelling at the patient while putting them in a headlock works best

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. JKraver
      Tired

JKraver Well-Known Member Full Member

Can I have your email? My lawyer needs to talk to you about the royalties on my patented technique.

• Like Like x 1
    7. PDLtd

PDLtd Member Full Member

Haha. This is the most complete explanation on this thread. Also to relax the patient "acci-dentally" elbow them in temple as you spin to pick up occlusal rims. Nothing more relaxed than a semi conscious patient. ;)

On a serious note, any technique can be accurate. It's the application of the technique that makes it successfully or not. Also some patient cases are better served by a certain technique over another technique. The clinician should evaluate each case individually, have the knowledge and the skills of the possible techniques, understand their advantages and limitations, then choose the best one for the case.

I personally have my main technique and supplement that with three semi main alternatives. I have even used sub-modifications of those techniques. It all depends on what I'm working with and how I'm going to get the best result for that patient. Sometimes I might start with one technique then change to another if I feel it isn't working. Flexibility is important.

RVD is a variable that can change with VDO, or not. It is wrong to approach each case with fixed dimensions or ideas on where it should be. What is the current VDO? How long ave they been like that? How old is the patient? What's their medical condition? Etc etc etc. That's why we are clinicians with extensive training in understanding of all the variables, that we then use to make a decision so we can get the best outcome for our patient. Simple! Not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. kcdt

kcdt Well-Known Member Full Member

How do I miss this? Dude, best response ever!

9. kcdt

kcdt Well-Known Member Full Member

Excellent and thoughtful.
      When diagnosis is glossed over, so is the patient as the person. There's so much to be gained by stepping back to see the situation.