What investment is best for an Emax bridge?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I agree, a lower temp for longer will probably leave you a cleaner press. Is that 1600 Fahrenheit? If so that would be about 870 Celsius. Marcus are your temps in Celsius or Fahrenheit? My pressing oven is Celsius and my burnout oven is Fahrenheit, so I burnout at 1565f and peak pressing temp is 910c. I use scheinvest and with a 100gram ring I use 16ml liquid 8ml h20 and place in the hot oven at 1565f after 20 minutes for one hour before pressing. I don't do bridges without a zirconia frame though. I used shofu for a while and had less of a reaction layer.
Celsius. I am in the USofA but it's a dental lab. So always, Celsius.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
I had a dentist ask for an emax bridge recently as well. I called him back and recommended a zirconia bridge and saved myself a possible failure, remake, money down the drain, etc. etc.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I think the investment liquid / distal water is very important. The reason I say that because pressing a single in emax and if the fit is passive you Will get away with it, but the problem magnified when pressing a bridge because you could end up with a rocking bridge or tight fitting one. The investment ratio is paramount to control expansion. Imo

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I think the investment liquid / distal water is very important. The reason I say that because pressing a single in emax and if the fit is passive you Will get away with it, but the problem magnified when pressing a bridge because you could end up with a rocking bridge or tight fitting one. The investment ratio is paramount to control expansion. Imo
Agreed. I have worked with some investments that required a different dilution of liquid between full crown and inlay.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
If I had to do it.... I would mill it, no question

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
We have a bunch of 3 unit and lower anterior 4 unit bridges done with emax walking around in the world right now and I don't know of one that has failed. I've seen plenty of zir broken in joints. Its all in were and who the restoration is for. majority of the fractures are on buccal cut backs with full contour linguals. We use pressvest speed and if we have a big ring we just leave it in the furnace longer. Never have a problem with fit but have had some mispress. Zir is not the answer for everything.

Heidi

Heidi

Reaction score
Just want to let you all know I pressed my bridge and it turned out perfect! Glad I was able to see the patient when she saw it in the mirror. :)

H

h.tavares

Reaction score
I also use Galaxy and I'm very happy with it. 15:8 ml. I used a another product before and keep getting really crappy results.
fb8e9e3811c503d3aa00f559619fa053.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom