Well I'm going Digital !!

S

Solid

Reaction score
what is the size of a single file sent to a milling center?; in case of a single coping or large case like implant bar?
Trying to estimate the capacity of the hard drive I'm gonna need in workstation..

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what is the size of a single file sent to a milling center?; in case of a single coping or large case like implant bar?
Trying to estimate the capacity of the hard drive I'm gonna need in workstation..
usually single crowns are 1-1.7Mb, cast partials anywhere from 5-10Mb, and Izir about 12-17Mb

it has to do with how many triangles are involved in the STL. with singles its about 1 million, for cast partials upwards of 7-12million, and izir something like 20-25million.

it would take me 10 years to fill a 2 Tb drive. and i only need to keep files for 7.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We have a server with 10Tb. Been filling it with CAD, 3D and 2D x-ray, large photographs, and daily records for several years and we are just getting to the 1Tb level of data.

S

Solid

Reaction score
usually single crowns are 1-1.7Mb, cast partials anywhere from 5-10Mb, and Izir about 12-17Mb

it has to do with how many triangles are involved in the STL. with singles its about 1 million, for cast partials upwards of 7-12million, and izir something like 20-25million.

it would take me 10 years to fill a 2 Tb drive. and i only need to keep files for 7.
What kind of mouse used in the workstation? mechanical, laser, or 3D.. wireless mouse&keyboard ok?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
me, personally? Wacom Cintiq 22HD

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you asked me what i used, this is what i use. was i being difficult to understand ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Yjj0w0v.gif

yes, and ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when doing CAD work, all the hotkeys i ever use have been programmed into the Cintiq expresskeys and touch strip. when operating the computer to do other tasks it is helpful to have a keyboard for faster typing but all the mouse functions can be accomplished with the pen and touch strip.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you want to see me do a case with the Wacom ? well i'll put something together and start a new thread. earliest will be next week, but no promises.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
you want to see me do a case with the Wacom ? well i'll put something together and start a new thread. earliest will be next week, but no promises.
Get on it. Chop chop!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'd like to see it as well...be sure use a camera vs. screen capture...and comment watcha doin'...:)