Welcome

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
This thread will be an informational thread regarding denturity. What it is, where it is practiced, and how you can become licensed.

If you have any questions please email me.

William Foster LD
[email protected]

Last edited:
Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Here is a link to the Oregon Denturist Association home page, here you will find some information regarding Denturity and just what it is we do and how you might pursue the profession.

Oregon State Denturist Association

Presently there are 6 states that Denturity is legal to practice in. They are: Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Arizona, and Maine.
There are additional states that are in the process of trying to legalize the profession.

So here is a start .. If any of you have any questions you may PM or email me.

William Foster LD
[email protected]

Last edited:
highscore

highscore

Reaction score
I am up in BC Canada.
Glad to find this site.

My wife is from the USA, and I am certified to practise Denturism in Canada, I have applied numerous times to challenge the exam for the state of Washington, however my schooling is recognized worldwide with the exception of Washington state. It appears that Maine, Oregon, and Montana pretty much look to Washington to see what they will recognize before they will consider anyone for the exam.
I have written and petitioned commitee after commitee in both Washington and Maine yet they still won't recognize my VCC training from my graduate year for a consideration.
It seems like perhaps the United States is about 40 years behind the rest of the world when it comes to legalizing our profession.
I wonder if the program in Tacoma has a home study course for Canadian Denturists?popcorn

A

Anziano

Reaction score
"I wonder if the program in Tacoma has a home study course for Canadian Denturists"

Sadly they don't. I emailed the instructor a couple of months ago and he informed me that because of budget shortfalls they never got any program like that off the ground. In Arizona (where i'm at) a Denturist must practice under a Dentist, and only recognizes education from Bates in Tacoma. They make it difficult on purpose

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
"I wonder if the program in Tacoma has a home study course for Canadian Denturists"

Sadly they don't. I emailed the instructor a couple of months ago and he informed me that because of budget shortfalls they never got any program like that off the ground. In Arizona (where i'm at) a Denturist must practice under a Dentist, and only recognizes education from Bates in Tacoma. They make it difficult on purpose

There sure is a lot of that stone age mentality still out there isn't there?
If I was a tech living in the US, I would work "old school". Set up a small lab in my basement, and work through a clandestine network of "word of mouth" referrals.
There's good money in working for yourself and the Dentists know it.
A lot of guys who first started out in this profession made a lot of money that way.
If you regulate it, you can be sure it will cost a guy a lot more to "be in business".

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Two years ago there was a graduate of NAIT in Edmonton who moved to Montana and is now practicing there...I would assume that Montana has recognized NAIT course outlines....good to see some Canadian counterparts....I am a second year student in the denturist program in Edmonton...wish you luck regarding your quest for licensing in USA....Perhaps you can submit a listing of course transcripts as well as a program guide to the licensing body where you wish to practice. As well you might want to consider obtaining a job with an existing practitioner first in the USA. hope this helps...Dan

Top Bottom