We all need a mentor

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been following Seth Godin for several years, he is amazing. I receive his daily blog about 6:00AM and the wisdom behind his posts are game changing. Todays blog from Seth is so apropo to our industry I felt I should share it with all of you. http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2016/11/sort-by-price.html
You can register to receive these daily for free.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks for the share Bob.
I know you have discussed this before but I would like to expand on this thread topic.

Is it too late for single crowns? I know you suggest we expand on our product and service offerings but single crowns are still our bread and butter.

Can we turn this around? I think I know the answer but can we use this to define the competition?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Thanks for the share Bob.
I know you have discussed this before but I would like to expand on this thread topic.

Is it too late for single crowns? I know you suggest we expand on our product and service offerings but single crowns are still our bread and butter.

Can we turn this around? I think I know the answer but can we use this to define the competition?
I love that you took the content of Seth's blog to build on the thread.
Single units represent about 80% of our cases. There is no question we all have an opportunity to increase market share of this part of the market. My opinion, and we all have one and i'm not always right, the single unit can not be your primary focus for sales and marketing, unless you are selling on price. Get a differentiator to market, sell it, support it and show added value to the relashonship and then ask for the single units. This is a path that is much more likely to work and you can get a price needed to be profitable. If you can show a doc added value of doing business with you they can justify paying an extra $400-500 a month for a dozen or so single units.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I read through his recent stuff and subscribed. His philosophy sounds a lot like Osho but applied more to business. I've been enjoying reading the short blog posts first thing after my alarm goes off. Thanks for sharing.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I love that you took the content of Seth's blog to build on the thread.
Single units represent about 80% of our cases. There is no question we all have an opportunity to increase market share of this part of the market. My opinion, and we all have one and i'm not always right, the single unit can not be your primary focus for sales and marketing, unless you are selling on price. Get a differentiator to market, sell it, support it and show added value to the relashonship and then ask for the single units. This is a path that is much more likely to work and you can get a price needed to be profitable. If you can show a doc added value of doing business with you they can justify paying an extra $400-500 a month for a dozen or so single units.

I agree that you have to set yourself apart from the others . The single crown route has to be the hardest to acquire new clients because we have all raised the bar in quality and consistency. Unless you can still find a dentist who has not transitioned away from pfms, most drs are probably happy with their existing lab's work.

I have been offered cheaper crowns/copings from other milling centers but it's the consistency that I rely on, so price is not my driver.
Milling centers become my partner when they provide added value to me, just like we do with our drs.

Top Bottom