Wax for RPD setup/try-in

J

jeppe

Reaction score
I do it this way:
- remove frame from model (mark wax outlines according to frame)
- place wax sheet on model and cut to outlines
- heat framework saddles a bit with flame and wax also just a bit
- firmly press frame back to model and make sure it is in correct position
- add wax rim and trim to fit
- remove from model and make sure you have a nice surface on wax saddle :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I do it this way:
- remove frame from model (mark wax outlines according to frame)
- place wax sheet on model and cut to outlines
- heat framework saddles a bit with flame and wax also just a bit
- firmly press frame back to model and make sure it is in correct position
- add wax rim and trim to fit
- remove from model and make sure you have a nice surface on wax saddle :)
Interesting. Thanks.
How do you mark the extent of the intaglio surface of the RPD lingually/palatally? Make pencil dots through the retention mesh?

J

jeppe

Reaction score
Sorry for my weak english, I'm not sure I understand your question but I mark outlines with small pencil dots. I only make 2 small dots on both sides to mark "about" where the wax should end. Rather make it a bit too short than too long. Then I can cleanly finish the joint with a waxing instrument when I remove the frame from model in the end. I know it will not be perfect fit for that 1mm area, but it's not important just as long as there's not too much wax in there.. :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my weak english, I'm not sure I understand your question but I mark outlines with small pencil dots. I only make 2 small dots on both sides to mark "about" where the wax should end. Rather make it a bit too short than too long. Then I can cleanly finish the joint with a waxing instrument when I remove the frame from model in the end.
Which language should I attempt to use for best communication.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Finnish would work fine ;)
Mielenkiintoista. Kiitos.
Kuinka tunnistat RPD: n syväpintaisen pinnan laajuuden tai päähän kielekkeen tai palatan laajennuksesta / alkuperästä? Teet vain merkkejä, jotka osoittavat mesial- ja distaalipisteitä alku- ja päättymisestä ja käytä tarpeeksi vahaa, jotta voit leikata sen lämmitetyllä RPD-kehyksellä.

Teetkö lyijykynät pidennysverkoston läpi, jotta pystyt etsimään vahan pinta-alan pituutta ja leveyttä?

Jos tämä ei ole järkevää, kerro minulle ja muokkaan tavalla, jolla käännöstyökalulla on vaikea aika tehdä virhe.

Edit: I applaud you for trying in English. This is a very different language.

J

jeppe

Reaction score
Ok, the auto translator did NOT make understanding any bit easier :D I hope I did answer your question earlier though?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Ok, the auto translator did NOT make understanding any bit easier :D I hope I did answer your question earlier though?
Close enough. And I'm not surprised. Languages with fewer speakers are harder to automate.

J

jeppe

Reaction score
If anything left uncertain, I can maybe make video next week at lab when I have next frame at hand...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I put it back through the other way and did not understand it in english either. :D

MetalMachine

MetalMachine

Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks.
How do you mark the extent of the intaglio surface of the RPD lingually/palatally? Make pencil dots through the retention mesh?

MetalMachinedrunkenfridaytranslator.com:

"Mielenkiintoista. Kiitos!
Kuinka merkitset osaproteesin sisäpuolen (limakalvoa vasten olevan?) pinnan laajuuden linguaalisesti/palatinaalisesti? Teet lyijykynällä pisteitä retentioverkon läpi?"

If it helps anything.. Would help I had a clue what you are discussing about.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
MetalMachinedrunkenfridaytranslator.com:

"Mielenkiintoista. Kiitos!
Kuinka merkitset osaproteesin sisäpuolen (limakalvoa vasten olevan?) pinnan laajuuden linguaalisesti/palatinaalisesti? Teet lyijykynällä pisteitä retentioverkon läpi?"

If it helps anything.. Would help I had a clue what you are discussing about.
Thanks for jumping in. I finally figured out what he was saying. My brain was misfiring. Nice to see you again!

Top Bottom