1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANTED: Used C&B equipment

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by sidesh0wb0b, Jun 1, 2012.

1. sidesh0wb0b
    Relaxed

sidesh0wb0b Active Member Donator

I am not to far away from setting up my C&B lab, sooooooooooo i will be needing a few things to get me started (thanks to those of you whom im purchased from already!)

obviously i would like to keep costs down while i get the doors open, so any great deals i will jump at! the goal is no financing for start up capital.

-Burnout Oven
    -Press/Combination Press and porcelain furnace
    -high speed
    -10" wet or dry trimmer
    -vacuum units (2)
    -quick chuck lathe
    -oil less compressor
    -dual chamber sandblaster (vaniman/renfert preferred)
    -mixing machine (i would love a renfter twister pro)
    -vibrator (get your mind out of the gutter Scott!)
    -ultrasonic
    -Shofu Vintage Press Over.....any materials regarding this would be great!

okay, thats all the major stuff. lots of odds and ends to get as well. including mucho EMax material and ingots. any pointers on places to get these things at a fraction of the cost of new is greatly appreciated.......and if you have any of these items please do not hesitate to PM me. anyone that i have purchased from already can attest that my payments are good :)

thanks
    ssb
  2. stt672

stt672 New Member Donator

I have a older router that works ( to do pallets) you can have if you pay shipping. I noticed you want an oil less comp. I really don't think you do. I lasted 1 week with one and it was on Craigslist. Belt driven is the way to go unless you are deaf right now then I guess it really doesn't matter.
  3. Gru
    No Mood

Gru Active Member

Really, stt672 is right. Belt driven is the only way to go. My compressor is 3 feet from my wax bench w/o insulation in the wall and it doesn't bother me.
  4. sidesh0wb0b
    Relaxed

hmmmm, some of the silent oil less ones ive seen are great. but ill rethink it
    thanks!
  5. RBob

RBob New Member

I have a Dekema Astromat 3001 Press-I-Dent furnace for sale. It is used but in like new condition. I've been pressing Emax successfully for several years. Asking $6500.00 plus shipping from Northern Utah. I don't think you can find a better furnace for the price.
    Riley Montgomery
    RMontgo726@aol.com
    801-940-7953
  6. sidesh0wb0b
    Relaxed

ive not used any Dekama ovens before, ill have to do some reading up on them. thanks!
  7. sidesh0wb0b
    Relaxed

okay, so I no longer need a burnout furnace. just got a STEAL on an old reliable oven!
  8. TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy Just a Member

I wish I would of known this sooner, I was just in an in-office lab at a Dentist office a couple weeks ago and they threw out a ton of that lab (it was used equipment that I didn't want and they were closing their in-office lab down). I'll keep my ears open to anything else for ya though.
  9. sidesh0wb0b
    Relaxed

aw man, that would have been a HUGE help. please do keep me posted! besides picking up a burnout for $450 i am still in need of many many items. the more i can get used, the less my startup cash (which means i may buy a mill instead!)
  10. TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy Just a Member

Hey brother, you don't have to tell me, I was there a couple years ago!!! You will want almost all your equipment beforehand though (even extra if you can swing it).
  11. sidesh0wb0b
    Relaxed

yes indeed, i agree 100%.
    i will get back ups as i can. the goal has been minimal or NO financing, and since im cash poor at the moment its been a slow process. id be up and running by now if i could. i have 3-5 clients waiting for me to be ready. the longer i delay, the longer it is until i make that green!
    i will be starting out part time in the afternoons/evenings for those few clients and ill continue working the 'other' lab until i establish enough of a client base (and more equipment) to take over full time. as it stands now, i was doing all of 6-10 units a day by myself (except for D&M) in less than 30 hours a week. theres no reason i cant do the same for 3-5 clients. presuming they do the average 3-5 crewns each per week....thats 9-15 units a week. 2-3 units a day. cake work, i can do that sleeping LOL

just gotta get those doors open
  12. sidesh0wb0b
    Relaxed

bump

updated list

-Press/Combination Press and porcelain furnace
    -high speed
    -10" wet or dry trimmer
    -vacuum units (2)
    -quick chuck lathe
    -compressor
    -dual chamber sandblaster (vaniman/renfert preferred)
    -mixing machine (i would love a renfter twister pro)
    -vibrator
    -electric hand piece (50k rpm ideal....such as the Lincoln/Brasseler Z500 models)
    -Shofu Vintage Press Over.....any materials regarding this would be great!

okay, thats all the major stuff. lots of odds and ends to get as well. including mucho EMax material and ingots. any pointers on places to get these things at a fraction of the cost of new is greatly appreciated.......and if you have any of these items please do not hesitate to PM me. anyone that i have purchased from already can attest that my payments are good :)

thanks
    ssb
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  13. wwcanoer

wwcanoer Member

Have an EP500 wiht pump and extra new muffle, has @ 1400-1500 hrs on it. Located in Northern california

PM if you want more info - out of lab June 7th back Tues 12th

carol