VHF M-200 calibration

user name

user name

Reaction score
I need to replace a touch plate and calibrate. The manual doesn't cover it; just says call technical.

Could someone advise me please.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Sorry, but in order to do this you have to be on administrator mode. You have to call technical support for this.
Just the calibration can be done by you, but we can't move a touch point, replace a touch plate, etc without technical logging in.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im not willing to accept that. I was sure last time I had the touch point moved, the tech said that some guys will just replace the plate and calibrate rather than pay for a call into tech.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well, I could have waited to call for assist, but that would be a hundred dollar bill. I felt the need to man up and just do it. I did a super clean, replaced the touch plate and ran a calibration.

I understand @CreDes, that I still need to call in to move a touch point, so at this point Im not sure if running calibration defaults things back to a centered touch or if its still where it was last moved to, but at least its up and running. Im going to reach out to tech support and ask for the instructions on moving the point. I think when things are out of warranty, we should have all the available info to proceed on our own if we choose.

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
When we call in to do a calibration, they move the touch point before calibrating.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Well, I could have waited to call for assist, but that would be a hundred dollar bill. I felt the need to man up and just do it. I did a super clean, replaced the touch plate and ran a calibration.

I understand @CreDes, that I still need to call in to move a touch point, so at this point Im not sure if running calibration defaults things back to a centered touch or if its still where it was last moved to, but at least its up and running. Im going to reach out to tech support and ask for the instructions on moving the point. I think when things are out of warranty, we should have all the available info to proceed on our own if we choose.

Username,
What you did was the best possible option as Jensen support doesn't work on the weekends. :)
We will occasionally answer e-mails though ;)

A tech call is needed to move the touch off point in the M200. We do not and cannot give administrator access. That said, we will not charge for the call if it is only to move a touch off point if we sold the mill whether in or out of warranty or contract or whatever. If you need further assistance with your machine or products or start asking questions outside of that scope then it is a different type of support call.

In answer to your question Username; running a calibration does not recenter the touch off point.
Moving the touch off point is an option not all resellers offer. You have all available options at your disposal and you took the smartest path for your time and need. Replace the plate and calibrate. Many users do not take the time to calibrate after exchanging the plate so you are already ahead by taking that step.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

user name

user name

Reaction score
@esamuelr...Much appreciated. Is the reason to not distribute admin access to prevent types like me from screwing things up? My guess is yes. Ive watched as closely as I can when my tech support is in my computer, but I cant follow along well enough to see everything you do and where youre getting things from.

Would it work if I installed keystroke logger software and next time admin access is required, I could recover whats hidden behind the astricks? :D

I love Jensen. You guys are always there for us. Thank you.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Won't provide Admin access even after it's out of warranty, contract, whatever...

I'm not bangin' on you specifically, it's just a continual degradation of what "ownership" means.

If I mangle my equipment with a ham handed uninformed wrench use on a metal structure, it's not covered. What's the difference between that and accessing and improperly modifying a code structure.

okay, done ranting.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Won't provide Admin access even after it's out of warranty, contract, whatever...

I'm not bangin' on you specifically, it's just a continual degradation of what "ownership" means.

If I mangle my equipment with a ham handed uninformed wrench use on a metal structure, it's not covered. What's the difference between that and accessing and improperly modifying a code structure.

okay, done ranting.

There are enough ways and opportunities for users to get the access they want.
We have a responsibility to make the machine as original and usable for as long as possible even if out of warranty.
Which is why we do not charge for support calls that would require administrator access.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I should have bought my ex a shirt that said 'Administrator Access Required'.

She thought she was public access.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
We have a responsibility to make the machine as original and usable for as long as possible even if out of warranty.
Which is why we do not charge for support calls that would require administrator access.

there are some things that might be protected from end user but plate changing and plate smoothing or point change is no rocket sience just bs software

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
That's very awesome of you, I wish everything that had admin modes had backend support like you provide.

corona

corona

Reaction score
I just talked with Jensen about my cadcam support since my year is ending .... I thought you had to buy support yearly to get access to the "brain squad " to help with issues .... but alas .... Jensen fully supports their customers even if they dont renew the annuals ....... JENSEN ROCKS .

corona

corona

Reaction score
The only thing Jensen could do to top that and every competetor out there is to have after hours and weekend support . I know that is asking for the moon but the reality for me is I dont work 7am -3pm m-th like clinicians do .... I work 12-16 hours sometimes everyday .....therefore support is often needed on a sunday at 2;30 am . If clinician had tech hours their heads would explode .