VHF K5 + DentalCam 7 VS Roland DWX-51D + Hyperdent

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
Feedback to help me decide between these two littles mills...
For a small lab only for milling zirconia wax and pmma.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935T en utilisant Tapatalk

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
I work with K5 and DentalCam7. Works perfect to me. All zirkonia wax and pmma. Really very good results. Its a workhors, like my K4. I think you won`t get a better combination for the price.

M

mptz

Reaction score
same k5 much improved over k4 I use with sum 3d mill box outstanding fits so far never let me down

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
Did you guys did any all on 4 prettau style bridges with it?

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
What should be the problem to do?

Amann Girrbach

Amann Girrbach

Reaction score
Feedback to help me decide between these two littles mills...
For a small lab only for milling zirconia wax and pmma.

Hi Dali, have you considered an AG Mill? we have a several promotions on dry 5 axis. Thanks

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
What should be the problem to do?
Well, we tried different machines and some are not able to mill the detailes and undercut areas where the tooth comes out of the gingiva even if they are 5 axes... I think its more a cam software then the machine itself...

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
Hi Dali, have you considered an AG Mill? we have a several promotions on dry 5 axis. Thanks
I want to be able to switch to any material... specialy these days where a lot of different new zirconias are coming out to the market... from the beginning I eliminated Zirkonzahn and AG from my list even if I loved working with the zirkonzahns mill.

Last edited:
B

bigbrush

Reaction score
You are right, it´s a cam problem. Maybe you need a special strategy to mill a prettaustyle bridge. Send a stl via or dropbox pm and I do a simulation for you.

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
You are right, it´s a cam problem. Maybe you need a special strategy to mill a prettaustyle bridge. Send a stl via or dropbox pm and I do a simulation for you.
Ok I'll pm you on this... thx

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
These machines have similar capabilities on paper I mean both are 5 axes, about the same price and size.. etc.. yes the VHF is better built but I cant see how is this going to make any diffetence for me.

I prefer the VHF personaly but the service is little better. from the roland resseler. Thats where the confusion comes from.. if I had the same service from the VHF my choice would be made by now.

I am going to send some all on 4 stl files etc to both resselers, get it milled and go from there. This well allow me to test the resselers answer speed, knowledge etc and see the final results of the mills itself right out of the box... without any playing with cam software strategies etc..

Thank you for sharing your experience guys :)

Last edited:
Amann Girrbach

Amann Girrbach

Reaction score
These machines have similar capabilities on paper I mean both are 5 axes, about the same price and size.. etc.. yes the VHF is better built but I cant see how is this going to make any diffetence for me.

I prefer the VHF personaly but the service is little better. from the roland resseler. Thats where the confusion comes from.. if I had the same service from the VHF my choice would be made by now.

I am going to send some all on 4 stl files etc to both resselers, get it milled and go from there. This well allow me to test the resselers answer speed, knowledge etc and see the final results of the mills itself right out of the box... without any playing with cam software strategies etc..

Thank you for sharing your experience guys :)

Send us the file, we've upgraded our CAM, like to show you the final result. We'd be happy to get link to download. Send to [email protected]

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
I am going with the Roland mainly because of the costumer service and the reputation of the resseler in my area... thank you for your advice guys.

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score

AG lock you out on a lot of stuff with the CAM
It's a bit of a poor thing for such a company to do. I wouldn't recommend something that's sold as open but is only really part open

From what I see there's a few annoyed AG users. But such good marketing spoof that it wins each time

I have a few different systems. My k5 is running cam6 - is cam7 as good as they say, because it's not released yet in Australia ?????

I find the k5 to be really well designed and their cam is lovely.

We use a few Taiwanese mills, have go2cam and sum3d and a kavo with dental softworks that i haven't managed to make a part on ever! After spending about $80,000 to get the machine and software, I have an unreliable lemon ! Such a sour taste!

I have to say VHF have nailed making a nice small machine. I'm sure Roland is excellent as all the guys selling them are switched on and I've never heard bad words or frustration with Roland

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Did you guys did any all on 4 prettau style bridges with it?

Just did these guy yesterday on a S1 cammed in wieland cam.

I am going with the Roland mainly because of the costumer service and the reputation of the resseler in my area... thank you for your advice guys.

This is a smart choice. Worse thing ever is no support and your out for days/weeks, no good. My vhf dealer is 45min away from me.

Attachments

• 20170928_111045.jpg
    20170928_111045.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 87
esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Just did these guy yesterday on a S1 cammed in wieland cam.

Can you post some pics of the facial gingival of the anterior without any hand work? Those are some cool bridges. I would like to see how well the 5 axis strategies handle those areas.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
As I have heard there are problems with milling screw retained crowns with VHF cam software. If the screw hole does not correlate with the restoration axis, then it just does not mill it or mills it badly. It might be the operators incompetence but he has to edit the restoration file in meshmixer and even then has to manually mill some part of the screw hole.