Versamill 5X versus Ivoclar Zenotec select hybrid.

R

ragingbull

Reaction score
Ji what machines of the two you would purchase as we are new to mill. Want a machine that does wet and dry as we are a couple lab owners and two single mill separate is too expensive. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hello raginbull
My name is Al Morad and am the sales manager for Axsys Dental Solutions, we sell the Versamill machines. Following is an excerpt from a current customer talking about the Versamill 5XS.

- Heavy duty, well-constructed mill
- Competitive pricing
- No suction required and no zirconia dust because it’s run wet. Can also be configured for dry milling.
- Low compressed air volume required so my small compressor works fine
- It’s Quiet
- Built-in computer controller so I don’t have to have another computer on my bench. The CAM package (DentMILL) runs on my existing CAD laptop.
- Includes a sturdy base cabinet so it doesn’t take bench space. The unit has about a 2'x2 1/2' footprint.
- Cuts a smooth surface & a great margin with minimal offset
- Easy to use CAM package - DentMILL
- Great, experienced people to work with at Axsys
For now I’m cutting wax and PMMA, but will be adding zirconia and other materials next year. So far everything is working extremely well and I’m very happy with the system and Axsys.

Please feel free to contact me for further discussion. 248-926-8810 RunWithTheWinnerPromotion.jpg

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
getting a wet/dry mill is a big purchase so I would look at your work flow and choose the best machine because if you mill ZR wet you have to fully dry before sinter to avoid cracking and to switch from wet to dry with most machines takes time cause the machine has to be cleaned between each change to avoid containments. We found it easier to use two mills. One for wet and one for dry. We have the ceramill motion 2(wet/dry) and the ceramill mikro(dry only). both machines are not too expensive. hope this helps

R

ragingbull

Reaction score
Thanks for your input dead heat

Hey Ryan it's me ragingbull, Robbie

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Ryan

Reaction score
Thanks for your input dead heat

Hey Ryan it's me ragingbull, Robbie

Hey Robbie,
Good to see you on here. My opinion still stands....Eviltongue;)

R

ragingbull

Reaction score
Ha ha.

R

ragingbull

Reaction score
Any news on the new scanner

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I think it's hard to ignore Ivoclar PM5 for the price. DWX 51 (52 if you really want to automate)

R

ragingbull

Reaction score
Yes the Ivoclar new range seems to be great.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
read the post about what ivoclar said and then see if you will buy one of their mills similar attitude to sirona

Top Bottom