Vacuum Form Machine

user name

user name

Reaction score
They seem kinda the same to me. What to look for?

I want to get something good. Whats worth looking into?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Suckdowns are pretty generic machines. A heater up top to heat the plastic, amd a vaccum under the model stage to pull it down. If you want both pressure and suction, Keystone sells a dome that you hook your airline into so you can apply pressure on too and suction from the bottom.

The heat and suction models take square materials.

The pressure formers, (mini/bio)star and erkodent, take round materialand use air line pressure instead of suction

user name

user name

Reaction score
So, which works best?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You can do more things, materials, solutions, with the round material machines.
But best?
Not a judgement I'm qualified to make.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
My personal opinion, I believe the pressure formers (like the Bio/mini star, or Dreve) give better results. But, I also got good results with a vacuum former.

outfitting my own lab, pressure former al the way. But, YMMV.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
They seem kinda the same to me. What to look for?

I want to get something good. Whats worth looking into?

What you looking to do with it User?

If all your looking to do is baseplates, bleaching trays, cheap surgical guides you make be ok with something like this.

5d17d7f097d851d9d55095d50b5c09e5.jpg

We've owned this unit for 10 years and it does just fine for the "thinner" materials.

When you start doing stuff with the thicker material like sports guards, dual laminate night guards, Etc.. You need something with more pressure or vacuum then those "cheaper" units provide. We have a Erkodent and love it.

5ad016c2f147dff55f364a68f937d968.jpg

Cool thing about the Erkodent is its programmable and basically fully automated. Load your material select the correct program and it takes care of it from there. You come back after it has done the vacuum forming and gone thru the cooling period.

But it is a pricey machine. Feel free to ask and questions you may have about either machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

GarryB

Reaction score
I'd go pressure former every time.

We started off with a vacuum former and upgraded to pressure fairly quickly. You can get away with vacuum for the thinner blanks but as said above, anything thicker, especially dual laminates and pressure is streets ahead.

We got our first Erkopress (second hand) 22 years ago. It's used daily probably 10 times a day and it's still going strong. We got our second Erkopress 8 years ago. They are absolutely bulletproof.

We are now looking at the Scheu ministar. I've also used these and are fantastic machines that are built to last. Main reason for getting one of these over a third Erkopress is the heater, it's so much quicker.