Using Trios to model scan instead of scanning machine?

O

orthoace

Reaction score
Hi

I'm interested in getting into digital orthodontics and I was thinking has anybody bought a Trios 3shape camera instead of a model scanner.

I'm thinking that a model scanner may become redundant in a few years but the oral camera will always be of some use (maybe resale or leasing to dentist).

My question is how does the Trios perform with using it repetitively for example constantly through out the day (as you would use a model scanner)

Would there be buffering involved with using the trios repetitively unlike maybe the 15mins that a dentist would leave in between taking impressions (Scanning with the Trios) ?

Thanks in advance

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi

I'm interested in getting into digital orthodontics and I was thinking has anybody bought a Trios 3shape camera instead of a model scanner.

I'm thinking that a model scanner may become redundant in a few years but the oral camera will always be of some use (maybe resale or leasing to dentist).

My question is how does the Trios perform with using it repetitively for example constantly through out the day (as you would use a model scanner)

Would there be buffering involved with using the trios repetitively unlike maybe the 15mins that a dentist would leave in between taking impressions (Scanning with the Trios) ?

Thanks in advance
I use mine for mounted cases.

O

orthoace

Reaction score
Hi
I use mine for mounted cases.

Hi rkm,

Thanks for your reply, can you use the camera repeatable without computer buffering or stalling of the system.

I'm guessing you are using it on mounted models because they don't easily fit in your model scanner, have you tried scanning in multiple mounted models at one sitting?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks in advance
It will work fine. Just make sure to get a computer with 32 GB of RAM or better.

O

orthoace

Reaction score
It will work fine. Just make sure to get a computer with 32 GB of RAM or better.

Ok thanks, so would you recommend buying a trios camera rather then model scanner?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Ok thanks, so would you recommend buying a trios camera rather then model scanner?

You would need to pay for 2 software licenses .
One for the Trios and one for the design software unless you can acquire a Trios demo unit.

So I would probably lean towards a bench top scanner if you are doing strictly lab work but a handheld scanner does have it's advantages.

Top Bottom