Want To Buy Used porcelain furnace

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a used porcelain furnace and pump I can use for play at home.
I can find plenty online but I would rather buy from someone trusted here on DLN.
I don't mind paying $5k for a new porcelain oven with minimal features. But maybe someone here has a great little workhorse thats not too old they would like to part with.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
If you're willing to part with $5K, I would recommend you just buy new. The Shenpaz Focus has been a great furnace for us, and usually runs under 4K.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
If you're willing to part with $5K, I would recommend you just buy new. The Shenpaz Focus has been a great furnace for us, and usually runs under 4K.

Shenpaz are awesome furnaces. I have a gemini press I bought in 2004. I had only had to replace the muffle once in 12 years. Just recently started having some issues. And discovered that now that ZAHN is the sole distributor the tech support is crap. Shenpaz doesn't support this anymore so I will just have to baby it until it dies. I paid nearly $10 grand for this at the time. I will never buy another shenpaz only because of the poor support. I just bought a n IBEX SUMMIT PRESS. been very happy made in y
USA. Support is GREAT. Daniel the owner usually answers the phone. Incredibly knowledgeable.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
I might have a p80 with pump and muffle, I'll ask the ex-boss

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I might have a p80 with pump and muffle, I'll ask the ex-boss
A P80 would be great. Looking at all these old porcelain ovens brings back so many memories. I was using the P80 to stack Ceramco almost 10 years ago.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I want to, but my significant other is against me spending $5K. But now I am envisioning building a micro lab in our NYC two bedroom apartment. Anything I can comfortably fit in and on a single desk.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I want to, but my significant other is against me spending $5K. But now I am envisioning building a micro lab in our NYC two bedroom apartment. Anything I can comfortably fit in and on a single desk.
She won't be happy with you bringing your work home with you. She wants that time.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
I agree with Doris- even though my wife and I, "not only work together, and live together", unless absolutely necessary don't bring your work home! By the way, we've worked together as equal partners, in every sense of the word, for over forty years. And yes we talk "work" at home, but at a minimum. That's the secret. Don't over do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I agree with Doris- even though my wife and I, "not only work together, and live together", unless absolutely necessary don't bring your work home! By the way, we've worked together as equal partners, in every sense of the word, for over forty years. And yes we talk "work" at home, but at a minimum. That's the secret. Don't over do it.

People ask me all of the time how I can work with my husband, and my answer is that it's easy because I'm working with my best friend. We occasionally talk about work at home, but very rarely. Works for us.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Guess that's what makes the world go around. Before I moved to Colorado I had my lab at my house. For about 10 years. Here we have put together a really nice professional office. After having that for a couple of years we discovered there are many things we miss about the home office. Sooo we decided I will do thurs and Fridays from home. I set up a real nice space in the shop at our new home I'm around more for the family. And my time is more flexible. Win win. It's really working out great.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Doris- funny, we get the same reaction!

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
92730293bea80af169a93533f54db42f.jpg

The DUTCH likes me around also.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Guess that's what makes the world go around. Before I moved to Colorado I had my lab at my house. For about 10 years. Here we have put together a really nice professional office. After having that for a couple of years we discovered there are many things we miss about the home office. Sooo we decided I will do thurs and Fridays from home. I set up a real nice space in the shop at our new home I'm around more for the family. And my time is more flexible. Win win. It's really working out great.
If we could have the lab in our home we would but Virginia Beach requires labs to be either in a business or industrial area, besides that we live in a condo and businesses aren't allowed in our building.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If we could have the lab in our home we would but Virginia Beach requires labs to be either in a business or industrial area, besides that we live in a condo and businesses aren't allowed in our building.
Interesting, thanks. My admittedly limited understanding was that you can have one in your home as long as there are separate entrances. Not that I'm in my home either, but I guess that's a VB code thing.

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks. My admittedly limited understanding was that you can have one in your home as long as there are separate entrances. I guess that's a VB code thing.
Yeah, VB zoning won't allow a lab in a residential neighborhood.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Ok, should I or should I not ask the ex-boss if he's ready to sell the P80? Shipping from California to NY would be pricey I bet. Personally, I wouldn't mix work and home life in the same living space, condo, apartment or whatever. Now if it was in an out building, maybe . . . .

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a used porcelain furnace and pump I can use for play at home.
I can find plenty online but I would rather buy from someone trusted here on DLN.
I don't mind paying $5k for a new porcelain oven with minimal features. But maybe someone here has a great little workhorse thats not too old they would like to part with.

I have a Ney Qex that works fine. I replaced it with a new Multimat. PM me if you're interested.

C

camposds

Reaction score
I have a shemphaz Gemini II HT press and an Oral Design Austramat M If interested let me know

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I have a shemphaz Gemini II HT press and an Oral Design Austramat M If interested let me know
I'm very interested in the Oral Design Dekema. What condition is it in?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Does the Dekema have all of these features?

FEATURES:

• 100 User Programs
• Memory Card Operation
• Special Programming Operation
• High Performance Quartz Lined Muffle Produces Superior Porcelain with Long Life Characteristics.

• 1200°C (2192°F) Maximum; 50°C (122°F) Minimum Temperature • Ultra Smooth Muffle Movement with Stationary Work Support
• Programmable Muffle Dry and Cooling Positions

• Fast Cool Down for Short Times Between Loads Gives Maximum Productivity • Vacuum Release Programmable in Temperature or Time
• Fast Heat Rates of up to 200°C/minute (360°F/minute)

• Full Program Flexibility; Parameters Changeable During Firing Cycle
• Power Outage Return; Short Power Outages (<30seconds) Will Not Interrupt Firing Cycle Or Cause Loss of

Vacuum
• Ultra Friendly User Interface

• Energy Saver "Idle Down Time"; Muffle closes but maintains Lo Temp
• NITE MODE: Closes muffle after a firing cycle when temperature reaches the programmed Nite Temp to

prevent moisture absorption

• Easy temperature adjustment; operator reads out and adjusts calibrations from control panel • Agency Approvals: CSA
• 8 line Graphic LCD Display With Improved Backlighting For Superb Visibility
• LCD Display Control Adjust