M

mo2ud

Reaction score
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'll be the bad guy here...
This wax-up wouldn't work in my lab, the secondary anatomy is too deep, especially for e.max because it makes it a pain in the ass to polish undercut grooves. In addition, we as lab techs try to mimic nature, and with that are only trying to replicate the adjacent teeth. Therefore, we would of made some distinct triangular ridges, a nice central dissectional groove but made it harmonious with the adjacent anatomy. The cusp of carabelli is a catch 22, most real world Docs don't want it, feels like an intrusive bump to the tongue. Mesial contact is open, but that could be because it's on a solid model. If you can do it I know Russ DeVreugd has great seminars, click here. Lastly, use a program like photoscape to resize your images/pictures, that way you can post them in the forum. Most members here won't click external links.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sorry, but I totally agree with Rob. If you wanted to use as a display case and told doctors you went all out for show and tell... great.. I personally couldn't sell as a regular case.
The anatomy is so deep and sharp, is this a preform pattern ? if not, you have a lot of talent.. Give the anatomy a chill pill, your there, just need to calm down the anatomy..
To your credit deep anatomy is more functioning as compared to flat anatomy. Think of anatomy kind of like a gear, it grinds up the food. Flat anatomy is not very efficient. Also if you design a molar that's flat and smooth, and the crown is high in occlusion, the doctor will just buzz off and make a more flat crown when adjusting. Like what Rob said above, ideally we want to create a more functional crown, and at the same time design a crown that blends in with adjacent teeth,, that's when you make compromises and try to make natural looking.
Thanks for sharing !
Charles

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
You have the right ideas and overall shapes and angles are great for a new tech. Anatomy is again just too deep. Study natural teeth on the models you work with. You'll see anatomy is rarely the same depth From disectional groove to it's end near the cusp tip. Sometimes they just are a mere dent to start then cut deep and then fade away again. sometimes there are no lines and it's just the wall of the ridge.
how long have you been doing wax?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!

To post a link to a photo, add [IMG*]link to photo[/IMG*] but do not use the * I added the " * " so you can see the text I typed...
Or, click on icon to link to photo, and copy/paste the URL from your browser....

Don't let these dorks put you down. They look great. Good waxing skills indeed!
OK, maybe too much anatomy for that particular mouth, but all in all good skills!

Scott

VkYg6.jpg

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I'd say you are on the right track. You are reminding myself many years ago when I started doing my emax crowns. Don't get upset on critic on your wax-ups. Study hard anatomy and functionality of it. I a agree with all guys above just replayed, you have long way to go, but ones again....if you love what you do and have a desire to learn you will be making perfect work one day!
Good luck,Ed.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Just tone it down, a lot. Try and fine the harmony between a natural wax up and the existing neighboring teeth. Sometimes no anatomy is ideal. Tone it way down.

M

mo2ud

Reaction score
OK. thanks all for the information it will help me in my next work.
this corwns just for show . in real case i do simple anatomy without all this deep cuts and extra anatomy.
maybe if i have time i will do another one and i will show u guys

RileyS. i just started wax work before 5 month.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
If you just started waxing, I think you have a very bright future - that is if we were to continue hand-waxing. Its nice to be able to do it by hand (in case the power goes out and you have to use a candle and a swinging bucket to cast),but your time might be better spent learning a CAD package.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I love the emergence profiles and morphology but I agree that the grooves are too groovy :)

It appears that you have been carving the wax which is fine for the sharp details but with the heated waxing tool you can subtle the details and reduce rough areas.

Keep in mind that this will be invested and remember the tech gospel" no bubbles no troubles".

...oh and *** is the head dork around here.The rest of us can only dream of attaining that level of dorkdom!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Amazing for 5 months. Keep it up. And become the best at doing things by hand AND with CAD!

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Awesome skillz for a beginner.
1. Food trap cos of crazy deep carving.
2. Will be very difficult to polish cos of crazy deep carving.
3. Doesn't look like adjacent teeth cos of crazy deep carving.

Great effort, but i think as we have all stated the carving is a bit deep.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
......in addition I would't like to hijack the tread,BUT what is is up with "polishing issue"?? I don't polish my crowns, my technic does't need polish at all. They shiny as a baby's a.s anyway!

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I say excellent skills too. I am still struggling with waxing so I know what is involved. As *** said, you have the skills, now refine them...is the camera yours? I am surprised that a beginner would have such sophisticated equipment. I am only still dreaming of a camera.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
......in addition I would't like to hijack the tread,BUT what is is up with "polishing issue"?? I don't polish my crowns, my technic does't need polish at all. They shiny as a baby's a.s anyway!

maybe for gold crowns?, any way I think I could polish them up with no problems

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You'd have to grind the bubbles out first.

M

mo2ud

Reaction score
(in case the power goes out and you have to use a candle and a swinging bucket to cast),.
hhhhhhhh good one

i think u technic need pro skills to do it

I say excellent skills too. I am still struggling with waxing so I know what is involved. As *** said, you have the skills, now refine them...is the camera yours? I am surprised that a beginner would have such sophisticated equipment. I am only still dreaming of a camera.

thanks. yes its my phone camera (galaxy S4)
i have really good friend and teacher. i work with him so i work and training in the same time
i graduate before 2 years and all this time i just work removable dentures and ortho.
and now i started fixed restoration before 5 month its not hard like i think it is XD.

Top Bottom