Upload files system for milling centers

D

Dejvis

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I want to ask how you manage stl files uploaded from other labs?
Receive files via email? Or you have ftp server in milling center?
Are you renting place in a ftp server from other company? You use track and trace system?
Our company wants to install file acquisition system that would be user-friendly (for labs) and convenient for us
Could you recommend any track and trace system?

Thanks for the advice
Dejvis

1ef2551a71.jpg

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
At the moment I only have one lab that e-mails me the stl files. I created a folder for that lab and within that folder I have a milled folder which I keep all the milled files in just in cvase a re-cut is needed down the road. I also copy the stl file into the cam folder so it can be cut. Not FTP setup yet.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I send files to various milling facilities via dropbox. The base level is free for 2gb and easy to use. PM me your email and I'd be happy to send you an invite (I get extra space for free -250mb- if you get a free account w/ my invite). Once installed it's just drag and drop and you can give different accounts access to different folders.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I send files to various milling facilities via dropbox. The base level is free for 2gb and easy to use. PM me your email and I'd be happy to send you an invite (I get extra space for free -250mb- if you get a free account w/ my invite). Once installed it's just drag and drop and you can give different accounts access to different folders.

Why didn't I even think about DropBox. I use it all the time for my photography stuff. Genius idea. And it is literally instant at the 1-5mb size of the design files.

A

Andre Friedmann

Reaction score
If you would like a secure and HIPPA compliant digital prescription system, a lab can utilize DDX - Digital Dental Exchange from Henry Schein Practice Solutions. It costs the subscribing lab who receives the case on each unit sent but its secure, easy to use, web based, and free for doctors and other labs who sign up as doctors to send cases to the DDX eneabled lab. Add photos, notes, call pickups, open IOS data, x-rays, etc up to 500 MB per case.

Regards

Andre Friedmann
Zahn Dental
Field Sales Rep

Top Bottom