Upcera

B

Boozy woozy

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried using upceras new lithium discilicate press ingots? They are said to be the best on the Chinese market . Received a quotation from them and they fair at around 10 dollars an ingot. Wondering what your take is on them? They do look like quality

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried using upceras new lithium discilicate press ingots? They are said to be the best on the Chinese market . Received a quotation from them and they fair at around 10 dollars an ingot. Wondering what your take is on them? They do look like quality
Never even heard of them. How about a link? Are they available in the US? It seems everyone is coming out with a LD product these days.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Haven't heard of them before. But I'd probably head towards Zubler if I was considering trying something other than emax., for their name recognition, let alone some of the good feedback they've received here. Still haven't pressed any yet..I'll get there Chris ;)

B

Boozy woozy

Reaction score
They are new players on the market . Their zirconia discs are pricy . They are priced more or less in the same bracket as all the big brands.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I saw their products in cologne for the ids this march . They seemed pretty serious and take a lot of pride in their product. I dint know whether I'm being prejudice when I say Chinese material lol . They have their own milling units too
http://www.upcera-dental.com/product-default-76-1.html

Their web page is impressive. Do they have a full line up of LT, HT, MO like emax? It's hard to tell from their chart at the bottom. Very cool that you got to Cologne :)

B

Boozy woozy

Reaction score
They have HT and LT . I will sample some of their products and post some findings soon. I do , the ids is an amazing exhibition. Would be nice to meet you there one day. 2017 is not far

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell anything from their web site. It looks to me like they have a very limited number of shades? Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

B

Boozy woozy

Reaction score
In the cad blocks , they have all the shades in LT and A1/A2 in in HT . In the press ingots they have A1/A2/A3/B1 in LT and A2/A3 in HT. you think that's sufficient enough?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
In the cad blocks , they have all the shades in LT and A1/A2 in in HT . In the press ingots they have A1/A2/A3/B1 in LT and A2/A3 in HT. you think that's sufficient enough?

Maybe not, especially compared to Ivoclar's selection (and hopefully their adding more to the MT line up) makes it hard for them to compete against that.

B

Boozy woozy

Reaction score
Very true. They do have an attractive price point though. 15 dollars for the cad blocks a piece and ten dollars a piece for a ingot. Looking at a 30 to 45 percent difference margin difference in relation to ivoclar

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It may be one of those things of use as many of theirs as you can for the price savings, and supplement the ones they don't have with emax?

Do all lithium disilicate's pretty much fall into the same CTE range? Just make sure your layering ceramic for those types of restorations could be used.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The shades I use for most of the CAD cases coming through here are LT A1,2,3, B1, D2,3, Value 1,2, and BL2,3 occasionally C1,A3.5.
All shade selections are based purely on value.
I stay away from the HT mainly because our patients are ancient and have a mouth full of pfms. HT just doesn't have the value to match those ugly old crowns.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
So this explains where all those used ingot buttons on fleabay end up.;)