Trying out the new Noritake Katana Utml layered a2 disk.

Andy B

Andy B

Reaction score
Just had a sample puck to try out milled a 3 unit monolithic and single crown, very happy with the results.
The photos are close to what it looks like , but was just using an iphone. katana utml 1.jpg utml1.1.jpg katana utml 2.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg
What do you guys think?
The strength on this material is 557mpa, so quite low, but still better than emax, so only limited to anterior 3 units or posterior singles.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I'm really liking the C & D shades too . Yours look awesome ,you have nice surface texture and glaze. Beautiful ! :D

Andy B

Andy B

Reaction score
Thanks !! Was a bit worried about the sintering , we have the Ivoclar s1 which doesn't go to 1550 only 1530 , this one was done at 1530 , just tried the same bridge again at 1450 and I think it looks slightly better , but hard to tell till its glazed ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Thanks !! Was a bit worried about the sintering , we have the Ivoclar s1 which doesn't go to 1550 only 1530 , this one was done at 1530 , just tried the same bridge again at 1450 and I think it looks slightly better , but hard to tell till its glazed ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol,,,,,,I have the' AmannGirrbach Ceramill therm ' which also only goes to 1530 and I had the same concerns as you . I talked to Katana and couldn't understand how all the other ultra trans zirc fires @ 1450 ? Hey how do you like the S1 ,I was thinking about getting one ( it runs off 115v , right !) ?

Andy B

Andy B

Reaction score
The S1 has been great, we usually do an overnight sinter, on Zenostar, but it has quick sinter programs if you have an urgent case to go through.
In New Zealand we have 240v power supply, so everything runs on that.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Here is a shot of C2 shade in Katana UTML I just finished . I have no excuse for the crappy photo because I used a real camera:arghh:( I think I need to work with some type of ring light or something, lol) bridge utml 004.JPG