Trios to Exocad?

cdlab

cdlab

Sponsors
Reaction score
Anyone successfully import a 3shape .dcm to Exocad? (Or convert the .dcm to a file that Exocad can read?)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How does exocad ensure that the files sent from a Trios IOS will be secure?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Is there a cost for Dental share?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Engine build 5164
2014-02-20
General Announcements
  • Who can use this software version?
    The new version will only work with dongles for which an update agreement is present. Remember that your customers are entitled to one year of free updates starting from the first usage of the dongle. For older dongles, a new update key must be purchased in order to use the new release. If you receive the message "Sorry, the software update key is not valid", this means that the purchase of a new update contract is necessary.
DentalDB
DentalCAD
  • New
    Native file reader option for open .dcm files available
  • Improvement
    Single tooth placement between contact points slightly improved
  • New
    New Inlay border design parameters
  • Improvement
    Disable unneccesary shrinking of Veneers
  • Improvement
    Working with 2D textured scan data improved
  • Improvement
    SpaceRuler with thickness measuring mode while freeforming improved
  • New
    Portuguese and Korean language added
Model Creator
  • Change
    Final public release for crowns and bridges
  • Improvement
    Plated mode can now be created with full model without specifying adjacent teeth in DentalDB
TruSmile
  • New
    It is now partially possible to run TruSmile on newer Intel graphics cards, e.g. hd 4000 and newer, e.g. for Microsoft Surface Pro
Nesting
  • New
    Added new parameter MaterialBlockTranslationThicknessFactor for blanks that are non-zero-centered
  • Improvement
    Improved center positioning of large tilted constructions in blank
Scanner Integration (exoscan)
  • Change
    MHT scanner upgraded to new api ThreeDDAcqLib_V3.6.13
  • New
    Scanner plugin Medit Identica Blue added
  • New
    Steinbichler ST1 and ST2 support

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
To enable TRIOS support, please add the following to the DentalDB configuration file DentalDB\config\defaultsettings-db.xml:

<ScanImport03Enabled>1</ScanImport03Enabled>
<ScanImport03ImportMode>All</ScanImport03ImportMode>
<ScanImport03Fallback2dcm>true</ScanImport03Fallback2dcm>

In the DentalCAD configuration file DentalCADApp\config\defaultsettings.xml, please add the following to enable the DCM file reader:

<AllowForeignDataType1>true</AllowForeignDataType1>

How to set up a TRIOS(TM) so that the output data works with exocad:

- Under "Connections" add a "Direct Connection". Specify any target folder, e.g. C:\TRIOS-incoming - it can be on the local machine, or on a network share (in the latter case, you may have to specify username and password).
- When creating a case, select the 'direct connection' lab you just created
- Send the case. As soon as sending is complete, a .3OXZ file will show up in the folder you have specified above. You can import this file directly in DentalDB: Chose "Import -> Trios", then select file type "TRIOS project archive (*.3oxz)".

But it can also be made 100% automatic, if the TRIOS scan PC and the exocad design PC are in the same local area network.
To configure the import mode add:
<ScanImport03AutoImportEnabled>true</ScanImport03AutoImportEnabled>
<ScanImport03WatchDirImportMode>Direct</ScanImport03WatchDirImportMode>
<ScanImport03WatchDir>C:\TRIOS-incoming</ScanImport03WatchDir>
Where the last must be set to the directory specified as target folder in the direct connection setup.

There is no guarantee that import will keep working after future TRIOS software updates. For now, TRIOS is still an open scanner, but maybe 3shape will make it a closed system in the future.

Import not working?

DCM files can be either "open" or "closed". We can only read the "open" type. Here's how to differentiate between a 'closed' and an 'open' DCM file, without using exocad software:
- Open the DCM file in a text editor (e.g. notepad),and scroll all the way to the end of the file, where you will find a number of XML tags.
- If a tag <SiteDongle> is present, then the file is closed.
- The DCM files stored locally on the TRIOS system are closed (DongleNumber and SiteDongle have the same number, so files can only be read on the local installation),but will be converted to open files (no SiteDongle tag) as soon as the data set is sent to a "Direct Connection" lab.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Or just send to a Trios ready lab.

If an exocad lab wants to receive Trios files then that lab should pay the dr's yearly license fee.

E

exocad-usa

Banned
Reaction score

Any exocad lab is Trios ready. :D

You go pay whayever you want to whoever you want and feel good about if you want.

Most of the lab owners work to make money, not give it away.

Why don't you go post in 3shape threads? You are anoying and add nothing to most all threads you participate in.
Keep your big mouth out of business that you have no buisness with in the first place and know nothing worth posting?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
LOL, welcome to DLN.

It appears that you have been a lurker for quite some time , which is the typical exocist user if you ask me.

Why don't you donate some of that money you saved from avoiding license fees to DLN?

That little red line under anoying ( <----) means you spelled it wrong . How annoying!

I have a Trios so it is my business .

Congrats on being a douche bag right out of the gate.:D

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
doesnt seem like a novice-friendly solution.

if its this much trouble to get the data to talk properly, and intermediate knowledge of computers is required then i am not so sure it can be called a feature in your software.

"opening a file in notepad" and "understanding xml tags" are not skills typical Lab employees can or should have.

if i were you i'd advertise this "feature" in the parameters of "Call us to enable this in your software" which i am already certain is something you already do as customer support.

E

exocad-usa

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, welcome to DLN.

It appears that you have been a lurker for quite some time , which is the typical exocist user if you ask me.

Why don't you donate some of that money you saved from avoiding license fees to DLN?

That little red line under anoying ( <----) means you spelled it wrong . How annoying!

I have a Trios so it is my business .

Congrats on being a douche bag right out of the gate.:D

Very sorry to hear about your mandatory fees for 3shape and the trios.

Not the case with exocad. ;)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it is so rare to see a business that doesn't want its customer's money.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
"Or just send to a Trios ready lab.
If an exocad lab wants to receive Trios files then that lab should pay the dr's yearly license fee."

Haha, I use 3shape and even this statement makes me laugh. Look I hate being "dongled to death" as much as the next guy, and being a paid beta tester for when 3shape.
but come on man, You can't be that crazy!

E

exocad-usa

Banned
Reaction score
doesnt seem like a novice-friendly solution.

if its this much trouble to get the data to talk properly, and intermediate knowledge of computers is required then i am not so sure it can be called a feature in your software.

"opening a file in notepad" and "understanding xml tags" are not skills typical Lab employees can or should have.

if i were you i'd advertise this "feature" in the parameters of "Call us to enable this in your software" which i am already certain is something you already do as customer support.

Copy the info above....paste into program config....save.

Three clicks.

If you think this is advanced, then yes you are certianly a novice! LOL

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you do realize that the yearly fee is sometimes the only fee the customer pays right? yes the pricetag of a trios is in the 5 figures, as well as the dongle an additional 5 figures, but some customers agree to pay 0 for it and simply pay the yearly fee, and get locked into a material supply conract for the value of the scanner/dongle.

straightforward business.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Copy the info above....paste into program config....save.

Three clicks.

If you think this is advanced, then yes you are certianly a novice! LOL
don't laugh at novices in new technology. they are the older generation, with the most longstanding names in dental.

everyone starts out as a novice. even advanced users start again as novices when new systems come out.

but is it a feature if you have to write the code yourself? i call it a feature if i can literally open the software and it works.

Top Bottom