Trios question

T

the_prez3

Reaction score
Hello, we have a doctor considering purchasing a trios scanner for impression taking. We currently scan modelwork and design our cases on exocad. Can anyone give me some information on the procedure for importing his scan data into exo and if there are any fees associated with it on our end? I've never imported scan data from another source and I'd like to know the basics. Thanks so much

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
There are some threads on here,,,,, do a search ,,,,, you'll just have to mull through ...;)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Exo can import Trios files in a heartbeat...there are no fees, you need the model builder module only ;)

trios2.png
trios.png

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Step one create a 3shape communicate account

Step two enable trios inbox and communicate setting in control panel

Step three give trios doctors you communicate email address

Step four approve connection requests within communicate website.

Step five accept cases in dental manager and set up orders as needed

Step six prep model and cut out die and design crown.

Step seven build model

But first you must either purchase or enable trios model builder for cad points, then purchase cad points to build models.

800.00 will get you 500 points, each trios model uses 6 points to design. Itero uses 12 points or any 3rd part file format. Stl files need all scan model builder and cad points will not apply.

At 800.00 for 500 points each point is 1.60 so each trios model will cost you 9.60 to just design. Then you have your cost of 3D printing.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Step one create a 3shape communicate account
Step two enable trios inbox and communicate setting in control panel
Step three give trios doctors you communicate email address
Step four approve connection requests within communicate website.
Step five accept cases in dental manager and set up orders as needed

strike step five and use exocad trios import. everything else is as sevan outlined.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Teach your Trios clients to make a communicate folder on their desktop. Have them email the .3oxz files to you.
Enable exocad to import Trios (reseller should be able to do this for you unless they suck)
Purchase exocad model creator for $1200 or less and design your own models from the scans if you need them.

T

the_prez3

Reaction score
Good information thanks guys. You all rock!
I've got exocad model builder so designing models shouldn't be an issue. So the dentist scans and uploads the files to 3 shape communications website and I download the data and case info from there correct?

T

the_prez3

Reaction score
One other question, what has your experience been with the trios scanner? Are they decent as far as accuracy and are there any issues on the lab end with this system?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the only issues on the lab end is the additional cost of doing business, and inept designers who dont understand what depth of function you can get with a good scan.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Good information thanks guys. You all rock!
I've got exocad model builder so designing models shouldn't be an issue. So the dentist scans and uploads the files to 3 shape communications website and I download the data and case info from there correct?
They can just email you the 3OXZ files... the case info comes with that file, you can edit it of course...

T

the_prez3

Reaction score
Someone said the 3shape communicate account doesn't cost anything to receive files?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
then there will probably be a fee to setup, but not a fee for every case or a fee for receiving.

T

the_prez3

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. You guys are awesome. Thanks for taking time out of your day to help.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Communicate is only a site, you can view and approve or reject cases, that's about all. No files can be pulled from it. Inbox is what transfers the files. Listen to 2thmaker for exocad.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom