Titanium Bars

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity where does everyone send their titanium hybrid bar cases to have design or milled. I see that Glidewell is offering the Inclusive package for a flat fee. Is there other machines out there that people are using to mill out these cases. Or is everyone sending to Glidewell, Nobel Biocare, Biomet, and Isis?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I send all my work to Glidewell and Nobel, and I just go home and read the Comic section of paper without making any money.

Good plan, eh?

(Being sarcastic)

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
We have a dmg ultrasonic 20 that we mill bars on, mill for a flat fee of $550, design fee of $200

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I send mine all down to 3i. I think they have some of the best fit and finish on the market

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
The kavo engine has/can milled the implant fitting surface with the rounded end cutters, or do you insert flat ended cutters into the spindle also. Unless you are bonding the bar to NEOSS interfaces...

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Scan and design in house / Nobel, or Laser assembled.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
DO i have to answer this question :p

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
The kavo engine has/can milled the implant fitting surface with the rounded end cutters, or do you insert flat ended cutters into the spindle also. Unless you are bonding the bar to NEOSS interfaces...

With the KaVo CAM, you can not use flat ended burs, only ball end ones, you can mill bars down to fixture level but it really does take a long time and a lot of skill, we have done a few of these but only to see if it can be done (we did this over 5 years ago). We tend to do all of our bars now onto Neoss links or Ti interfaces, and bond or laser weld the two together. We get very good results doing it this way. Many thanks Pete

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
John your pictures do not work... I want to see.

And thank you very much! Can't wait to do more for you, this was just the tip of the iceberg of what can be done with our technology.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
DO i have to answer this question :p

I have to give a a thank-you and public acknowledgement to Bernard and his crew up at Panthera. I sent them a case that was driving me nuts that I was unable to design on my nobel scanner based on nobels height limitation to fabricate the prosthetic. Bernard and his team were able to design the case and give me and my client a 25 year warranty :) The case was exceptionally difficult as there was not vertical height. we went with the EQUATOR attachment over the locator as they are smaller and short than the locator. What complicates it more is I have to case an over casting to make this rigid and still have room for denture teeth and acrylic. I think it turned out rather well given the space.

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_NoRoom1.jpg
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_NoRoom.jpg
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_NoRoom1.jpg ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_NoRoom.jpg

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I am seriously considering switching to the Equator system too - thanks for the input.
Have you tried to cast to natural roots to use the Equator attachment?
LCM

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I am seriously considering switching to the Equator system too - thanks for the input.
Have you tried to cast to natural roots to use the Equator attachment?
LCM

This was my first case with the equator, I will make a couple of observations, the parts are smaller which is great, the special tool I bought to pop them into the metal housing was not great, I will say it takes more force to get them into the housing over locators, I marred the first one by not having the tool centered.

As for retention, I think we will have to change out these attachments as it was very difficult to get this off the model, it was very retentive. and I am the middle of the road attachment durometer.

My biggest hurdle with this attachment is that none of my clients are geared for it, locators every office has, plus with my inventory of existing locator stuff it makes it hard to switch. I think its another great tool plus the cast to stuff is really great for small canals that I had been using ZAGG's for. looking forward to my next root retained case to show the dr this new system.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Hmm... Good info, I havent heard of that attachment yet. Gonna investigate!

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
For your information it is made by Rhein83 base in italia, you can find them at www.rhein83.com

Rhein is the inventor the ball with nylon attachment into a metal housing (the 2.5mm)

You will find more info on their website.

As you understand we offer all Rhein83 attachment with our bars and so far customer that tried the EQUATOR love it more then the Locator