Tips and Tricks for your lab

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
The cutter was actually free from a dental company. I'm sure you can contact Heraeus directly for them to send one out to you.
Or you can just rig one up out of acrylic. All in all, its only a scalpel blade.

Bentchase

Bentchase

Reaction score
mude5ymu.jpg

I got a nice block of Walnut from my buddies cabinet shop garbage and drilled 10 holes to fit my emax pins. Very nice to stain all the way around the crowns and still be able to see what they look like next to each other. cuts staining/glazing time down too.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I got a nice block of Walnut from my buddies cabinet shop garbage and drilled 10 holes to fit my emax pins. Very nice to stain all the way around the crowns and still be able to see what they look like next to each other. cuts staining/glazing time down too.

That was such an excellent idea that upon seeing a piece of foam (packing for a fuse),I recognized the potential for just such a stand. The foam already had 8 cuts perfectly positioned for this purpose. Any piece of foam could be transitioned into such a purpose. Granted, not as beautiful.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That wood block is too big ti fit in the muffle.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive been doing more taking than giving here lately, so this isn't much, but its something...
Ive been using some of the blue tacky model holder from my 3shape on the end of a 6ga. plastic rod as a crown holder for doing ceramics, stain and glaze. sometimes the other tools just wont work; its especially handy for veneers, although if I can find it in white rather than blue that would be better.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I use utility/rope wax also, Ive done this for years, I glaze every crown this way. I have mine on the end of an old instrument.. when it gets old and dirty, just stick a new piece on. Glad to hear someone else does the same :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I use the red boxing wax, but same results. makes it easy to add character stains on big veneer/crown cases and keep them all looking similar.

user name

user name

Reaction score
We've sharred a few ideas for holding all ceramic crowns, especially during stain and glaze...

I brought up blue tacky model holder from 3shape, Luke recommended a white alternative, others have suggested different waxes.

Im looking for something more general tooth stump color. I know thats quite a range, but help me out here...

Im thinking it was way back in the Dicor era that they had something that was a pliable tacky toothy colored stick that came wrapped in a piece of cellophane about the size of a birthday cake candle.

Ring a bell with anyone?