The " What implant is this?" Thread

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
He did it for you. Yeah, the tray needs a hole.
You don't want me to call him for you. I have a low threshold for dealing kindly with those who are willingly idiots.
Give him the attachment:
Haha! Dude, did you right that up? Love it!
Called him and he was aware of the situation and said he forgot to seat the imp post back into the imp before shipping it. Said he couldn't do open tray as unable unscrew all the way back on 2nd molar.
I'm sending it back.
Lessons learned.
Case closed.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Called him and he was aware of the situation and said he forgot to seat the imp post back into the imp before shipping it. Said he couldn't do open tray as unable unscrew all the way back on 2nd molar.
I'm sending it back.
Lessons learned.
Case closed.
Yep, my bad jokes all over the place in there too.

Couldn't do open tray, but used an open tray imp post... Uhhh..
This is ID's guide for dodo's, yeah they actually did:http://genieoss.com/indirect.html
Print it out...?
This is the parts list for Swish, attached

Attachments

• Scan55.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm sending it back.
Lessons learned.
Case closed.
First one was for Swish Plus and Swish Tapered, this is for SwishActive.

Attachments

• SwishActive.pdf
    653.8 KB · Views: 6
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I nominate JMN for "Really Nice Guy of the Day" award!
Unshared knowledge is just information, sharing it makes it knowledge. Besides, I cussed out my teddy bear today.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
4B2395AF-1CEF-4C01-9EB0-ED76B111D9B9.jpeg Hey again. What the heck is this?
Dr says it’s biohorizons 3.0. But what do I do with it?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
View attachment 29869 Hey again. What the heck is this?
Dr says it’s biohorizons 3.0. But what do I do with it?

It does look like the round bottom and color of a BioHorizons, maybe the yellow piece is to protect the hex? I have not seen that before, either.
Can you sneak your hemostat in there to pull the coping out (unless he used open tray),and unscrew from the top to get that off, to be able to put a normal analog on?

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
It does look like the round bottom and color of a BioHorizons, maybe the yellow piece is to protect the hex? I have not seen that before, either.
Can you sneak your hemostat in there to pull the coping out (unless he used open tray),and unscrew from the top to get that off, to be able to put a normal analog on?
It’s closed tray so I could pull it out. Feel very tight.
When I get a sec I’ll go rummage through biohorizon website. I’ll proly call doc Monday

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It’s closed tray so I could pull it out. Feel very tight.
When I get a sec I’ll go rummage through biohorizon website. I’ll proly call doc Monday

I looked through my catalog but it's older, so the web site may show you something.

edit: due to bad info on my part thanks to Toothmaker's informative post.

Last edited:
ToothmakerIDL

ToothmakerIDL

Reaction score
Thats a Bio Horizons Snap impression coping. Don't pull it out. the base above the peek material will be color coated for indication. Gray is 3.0, yellow 3.5 etc. Pulling it out is like pulling out a tissue level basket and poitioning cylinder. When you place the analog, it will snap onto the snap impression coping for retention.
GetProductImage

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thats a Bio Horizons Snap impression coping. Don't pull it out. the base above the peek material will be color coated for indication. Gray is 3.0, yellow 3.5 etc. Pulling it out is like pulling out a tissue level basket and poitioning cylinder. When you place the analog, it will snap onto the snap impression coping for retention.
GetProductImage

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Fortunately Riley was more tentative about doing anything without checking into things first.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
GetProductImage
Thanks! So does it have to be a analog from bioH or could say a NT Trading analog work just as well? Special grooves or anything? Mine doesn't have those two horizontal grooves that your example pic has.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks! So does it have to be a analog from bioH or could say a NT Trading analog work just as well? Special grooves or anything? Mine doesn't have those two horizontal grooves that your example pic has.
Any analog will work as long as it is the proper interface and platform diameter.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
This is my first Nobel Active case a Dr sent for me to do. I'm so used to Zimmmer and BioHorizons that I just wanted to confirm if this looks right.
It's a Nobel Active Internal RP 4.3 implant. With Zimmer and BioHorizons tsv the analogs seat flush to the implant platform with the abutments coming out with a flair, yet still seating flush.

With these, there is a gap, especially with the UCLA abutment (GoldAdapt Engaging Conical Connection RP) It seems to be a tapered friction type of fit, that's probably what conical stands for? Does this look right?

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
This is my first Nobel Active case a Dr sent for me to do. I'm so used to Zimmmer and BioHorizons that I just wanted to confirm if this looks right.
It's a Nobel Active Internal RP 4.3 implant. With Zimmer and BioHorizons tsv the analogs seat flush to the implant platform with the abutments coming out with a flair, yet still seating flush.

With these, there is a gap, especially with the UCLA abutment (GoldAdapt Engaging Conical Connection RP) It seems to be a tapered friction type of fit, that's probably what conical stands for? Does this look right?

View attachment 29932

View attachment 29933
You've got it right.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation JMN, I appreciate it :)

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
It was by design, for soft tissue seal reasons, from what my understanding of Nobel rationale.
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
It is a problem when surgeon did not place implant deep enough and will show through.
FWIW
LCM

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hey everbody. I got an Astra case which I never get from my normal doctors so I’m not familiar with them. #10 is .5mm sub G and that’s it. The Ti base obviously sits way high in that situation.
So...any help and loving guidance to share for a sad fella like me??
Pics in following post.

3ED3C753-144F-417E-9552-1E0C19BA2FEB.jpeg C2E75900-3731-4FAF-BD07-867E29B12073.jpeg BA33D785-E13E-4921-B5C7-911D44F6F41E.jpeg