The BDT Technique bridge

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So I've seen some of this Peek material that is pressed. Is the milled stuff stronger than the pressed stuff?
Are the screws tightened against the Peek material? It would seem like you wouldn't be able to torque it down as tight as metal or zirconia. Not sure if this would be a problem or not over the long haul.

Pressed would work for cases which are difficult to mill because of their geometry, otherwise I'd prefer milled...at least you're cutting from a homogeneous stock. I'd say they are par strength wise...milled could be a bit stronger tho. Pressed could be cheaper to produce since you don't have to invest in an expensive disk(s). Peek can flex a lot, so it doesn't have to be strong as a metal bar per se, yet still could function. The screws are tightened against a Ti insert, so it can be torqued down.

the bit that worries me is you glue or press to the cylinders with the bit of flex that comes with peek etc. i can see a fair few of the cylinders working loose.

The flex in the peek substructure does act like a shockabsorber, if it's designed properly will not wiggle the Ti inserts loose...it's said to flex in accordance to natural bone given comparable thickness. Just for a sidenote: peek is also used for structural bone implants and as gaskets in directional drill motors for the oil and gas industry, withstanding thousands of PSI drilling mud pressures.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
zerozero sounds like you know a bit about peek.my other question is if its not likely to wiggle loose from the ti cylinder why is it that all the implant companies only use peek abutments as temp abutments.i like the material but am only using it for over dentures at this stage.also it is more expensive to mill a peek bar than a ti bar.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
........... why is it that all the implant companies only use peek abutments as temp abutments............

Implant companies are dinosaurs when it comes to decision making because they are top heavy...why they are so slow to come out with their own Ti bases or angled access solutions, loosing market share to 3rd party manufacturers ? Peek is relatively new to the dental market it will take some time to catch on... there are some new varieties getting clearance AFAIK, like a ceramic filled one which is abrasion resistant... what might change ppl's perception that peek is only "plastic"

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Peek is not something new guys . Juvora peek is around for almost 15 years . BioHPP since 2005 . So nothing new here. I prefer a BDT bridge over a Prettau bridge any day . Full upper dentition including the roots is around 27 grams . A zirconia Prettau bridge is more than 40-50 and a BDT is around 22 . In my mind polymers are the materials that allows me to achieve the closest result to the lost natural one . Plus the shock absorbing quality of the material is really great . Protects the bone and the implant .

As far as the Ti base cementation is concerned , polymers can be etched. Huge advantage for the strength of the cement bond . We can't etch zirconia or metal so another advantage

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Anyone going to the bdt course in vegas?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone going to the bdt course in vegas?
I cannot make it but I really wish I could. Maybe there will be another one some time in the near future.
I always wanted to learn how to use Anaxdent's jig.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont think the medical community is worried about screws loosening in peek, its been used in probably millions of humans, in the spine which takes more load than a tooth. I dont have research to support that, but its here for a reason and certainly not going anywhere.
Peek_prevail_device_Main.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Lee and Phil have worked extremely hard to build momentum and brand awareness with BDT. I have taken the course and they both are extremely talented techs and all around great people. I think having OPTIONS is great, I have a pretty sweet gig going with Zircon but I am never blind to considering other paths. I am a digital guy at heart and while this technique was originally developed to work analog and press the material I feel milling it is a much better option.

Costs associated with this when you consider labor is higher than zircon in my lab, my biggest concern is just how the compo will last long term. I have 3 cases in the mouth and have 2 coming up this next month. Disks are like 500 but with good nesting and average sizes you can almost get 3 arches per disk

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
I cannot make it but I really wish I could. Maybe there will be another one some time in the near future.
I always wanted to learn how to use Anaxdent's jig.
U mean their metal flask?

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Can you design the frame and crowns at the same time? Which module would that be? If yes, how about milling the frame and also milling the crowns using lithium disilicate blocks? Too exp? Might as well just mill wax and press?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Peek is not something new guys . Juvora peek is around for almost 15 years . BioHPP since 2005 . So nothing new here. I prefer a BDT bridge over a Prettau bridge any day . Full upper dentition including the roots is around 27 grams . A zirconia Prettau bridge is more than 40-50 and a BDT is around 22 . In my mind polymers are the materials that allows me to achieve the closest result to the lost natural one . Plus the shock absorbing quality of the material is really great . Protects the bone and the implant .

As far as the Ti base cementation is concerned , polymers can be etched. Huge advantage for the strength of the cement bond . We can't etch zirconia or metal so another advantage
don't be silly. Of course you can etch metal.
Air abrasion also qualifies as etching.
Be specific, etching is a broad term.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
U mean their metal flask?
I don't know what material the flask is made of, but I guess metal flask.
When I bought ZZs copy milling machine in '07 I took their "how to" coarse in Atlanta and saw that jig there before it was even sold in USA (I think that one was some sort of plastic or resin) Always wanted to learn Anaxdent's technique.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
@
Glad you guys asked all these questions !!

Yes, the denture teeth are being burned and pressed after they are tested in the patient's mouth and they are aprooved . There is a protocol that ensures absolute accuracy from wax bite rim to the finished bridge. I have done 3 of them so far , all went in without the dentists touching anything. It is way faster than a PFM or Zirconia full arch , since minimal layering is required. Ceramics are finished in 2-3 hours from start to have them glazed . Then another 2-3 hours to bond them into place and start doing pink . I can have a BDT bridge finished in one working day. Also this thing is repairable and it is very durable. For me simply the best !!!

Boy and I slacking...

Driz you sayin 3hrs to sprue, invest, burnout, press, devest, finish and glaze 12 units.? That's
Impressive...

What brand gingiva composite are you using?
Nice looking case.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
don't be silly. Of course you can etch metal.
Air abrasion also qualifies as etching.
Be specific, etching is a broad term.

Like everyone Ching zirconia ?? I have heard that a lot , mostly when it comes to "zirconia veneers".

I try to stay non silly !

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
@

Boy and I slacking...

Driz you sayin 3hrs to sprue, invest, burnout, press, devest, finish and glaze 12 units.? That's
Impressive...

What brand gingiva composite are you using?
Nice looking case.

This is made with Anaxdent Anaxgum. I have also tried nexco and GC but Anax looks a lot better than both .

I am saying 3 hours since I am making the cutback on the anterior and layer them , till I glaze all together with the posterior . This includes furnace time . Normally one bake will do, then staining, then glaze .

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
This is one of my 1st "BDT" style case. This case we milled out wax crowns after we milled out the Pekkton frame. Going forward we will scan the wax-try in to create the Pekkton frame, then hollow out the denture teeth to fit over the frame. Combine the digital side with the burn-out technique. These cases seem to go a little easier than the full zr bridges, IMHO.

Attachments

• finished crowns over pekkton frames.png
    finished crowns over pekkton frames.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 160
  • frames inside preop.png
    frames inside preop.png
    570.8 KB · Views: 149
  • lower crowns occlusal.png
    lower crowns occlusal.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 138
  • lower occlusal.png
    lower occlusal.png
    385.2 KB · Views: 138
  • occlusal view upper.png
    occlusal view upper.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 143
  • upper crowns occlusal.png
    upper crowns occlusal.png
    364.4 KB · Views: 141
  • upper lower pekkton frames.png
    upper lower pekkton frames.png
    314.2 KB · Views: 142
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Looks like someone converted to exocad.:)

Top Bottom