The BDT Technique bridge

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
AHH ok, yes there are merits to a 3 main ways. I just wasnt sure if i was missing out on something. thanks for the clarification!

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
You can adjust the prize to the patient's request by selecting the wide variety of materials available nowadays. This is CoCr frame + HIPC crowns.

Attachments

• diseño 2.jpg
    diseño 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 162
  • diseño 2.jpg
    diseño 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3351.JPG
    IMG_3351.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3352.JPG
    IMG_3352.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3361.JPG
    IMG_3361.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 165
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Glad you guys asked all these questions !!

Yes, the denture teeth are being burned and pressed after they are tested in the patient's mouth and they are aprooved . There is a protocol that ensures absolute accuracy from wax bite rim to the finished bridge. I have done 3 of them so far , all went in without the dentists touching anything. It is way faster than a PFM or Zirconia full arch , since minimal layering is required. Ceramics are finished in 2-3 hours from start to have them glazed . Then another 2-3 hours to bond them into place and start doing pink . I can have a BDT bridge finished in one working day. Also this thing is repairable and it is very durable. For me simply the best !!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
as long as they dont bite right? Hmmmm2 Ive never milled any wax I couldnt crush easily with my fingers...

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am doing it combinind the digital way and the analogue one . Set up some nice looking denture teeth (my preference is Gedbi Tribos) , and then I scan them as a wax up and create the frame. Then I rescan the frame after I mill it , and design wax teeth to be milled and pressed. Easy and hassle free

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I am doing it combinind the digital way and the analogue one . Set up some nice looking denture teeth (my preference is Gedbi Tribos) , and then I scan them as a wax up and create the frame. Then I rescan the frame after I mill it , and design wax teeth to be milled and pressed. Easy and hassle free
Why not scan the denture teeth and make an exo library?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Why not scan the denture teeth and make an exo library?
A lot faster setting by hand . Barely 30 minutes . Make a library , scan , design , mill. Way too time consuming for my taste

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
A lot faster setting by hand . Barely 30 minutes . Make a library , scan , design , mill. Way too time consuming for my taste
Have you thought about digitizing a mould, setup the teeth virtually, create a matrix which you can print out of flexible resin ? ...at this point you could either setup the denture teeth using the matrix or dupe the teeth in wax for pressing...just sayin'

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Glad you guys asked all these questions !!

Yes, the denture teeth are being burned and pressed after they are tested in the patient's mouth and they are aprooved . There is a protocol that ensures absolute accuracy from wax bite rim to the finished bridge. I have done 3 of them so far , all went in without the dentists touching anything. It is way faster than a PFM or Zirconia full arch , since minimal layering is required. Ceramics are finished in 2-3 hours from start to have them glazed . Then another 2-3 hours to bond them into place and start doing pink . I can have a BDT bridge finished in one working day. Also this thing is repairable and it is very durable. For me simply the best !!!

Hey Drizzt,

Have you considered using the MT Multi for this? At Bill and Lee's course last month we used the Multi's for the first time and all were really impressed with the results. This will actually shorten your ceramics time, because you really only have to do a stain and glaze due to the material's polychromatic/polytranslucent properties. And since you are doing the full arch (normally) you get to dictate the "layering" effect a little more.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Have you thought about digitizing a mould, setup the teeth virtually, create a matrix which you can print out of flexible resin ? ...at this point you could either setup the denture teeth using the matrix or dupe the teeth in wax for pressing...just sayin'

It can definitely be done this way, but one of the big advantages (or drawback, depending on your doctors) of this procedure is that the dentist can move the teeth to get the esthetic outcome the patient wants or help achieve better function or speech. And unfortunately you can't really do that chairside with a monoblock tooth set-up.

Otherwise a digital workflow may make more sense in the long-run.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Ive never milled any wax I couldnt crush easily with my fingers.
There are harder waxes you could use (the kind used by jewellers) and the wall thickness is usually thicker than a regular coping or crown per se...

) of this procedure is that the dentist can move the teeth to get the esthetic outcome the patient wants or help achieve better function or speech
With the digital setup and printed matrix...you'd send out the case with the actual denture teeth which were set in place with the help of the matrix.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
how does the matrix work, it holds the occlusal of the teeth?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
how does the matrix work, it holds the occlusal of the teeth?
Occlusal and buccal, I design it full coverage and cut back what I don't need. Drill a hole at the buccal, put the denture tooth into its place and use some sticky wax though the hole to hold it. The matrix sits on some landmarks on the model as well, now with the teeth lined up, all I do is just flow some wax in between the frame and the teeth.
If there's only one case then is no point doing it this way...but when you have a bunch, it can speed up things a lot.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
So I've seen some of this Peek material that is pressed. Is the milled stuff stronger than the pressed stuff?
Are the screws tightened against the Peek material? It would seem like you wouldn't be able to torque it down as tight as metal or zirconia. Not sure if this would be a problem or not over the long haul.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
So I've seen some of this Peek material that is pressed. Is the milled stuff stronger than the pressed stuff?
Are the screws tightened against the Peek material? It would seem like you wouldn't be able to torque it down as tight as metal or zirconia. Not sure if this would be a problem or not over the long haul.

you cement or press to the bases, the screw seat is the cad base or temp cylinder

G

grantoz

Reaction score
the bit that worries me is you glue or press to the cylinders with the bit of flex that comes with peek etc. i can see a fair few of the cylinders working loose.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
the bit that worries me is you glue or press to the cylinders with the bit of flex that comes with peek etc. i can see a fair few of the cylinders working loose.

So far so good for me . I actually tested the bonding strength in a demo case , the Ti base would never de-cement . I had to cut it and destroy it in order to get it out.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey Drizzt,

Have you considered using the MT Multi for this? At Bill and Lee's course last month we used the Multi's for the first time and all were really impressed with the results. This will actually shorten your ceramics time, because you really only have to do a stain and glaze due to the material's polychromatic/polytranslucent properties. And since you are doing the full arch (normally) you get to dictate the "layering" effect a little more.

We have tried the Multi's in a demo case . It can definitely do the trick . I am having another BDT case on the works that I might go with e.max Multi

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

Pressed would work for cases which are difficult to mill because of their geometry, otherwise I'd prefer milled...at least you're cutting from a homogeneous stock. I'd say they are par strength wise...milled could be a bit stronger tho. Pressed could be cheaper to produce since you don't have to invest in an expensive disk(s). Peek can flex a lot, so it doesn't have to be strong as a metal bar per se, yet still could function. The screws are tightened against a Ti insert, so it can be torqued down.

The flex in the peek substructure does act like a shockabsorber, if it's designed properly will not wiggle the Ti inserts loose...it's said to flex in accordance to natural bone given comparable thickness. Just for a sidenote: peek is also used for structural bone implants and as gaskets in directional drill motors for the oil and gas industry, withstanding thousands of PSI drilling mud pressures.

Top Bottom