The BDT Technique bridge

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone ,

I thought I would share what I consider to be the best for full arch fixed implant retained restorations. The BDT screw retained bridge. Some of you might know it. Frame is a HPP , teeth are lithium disilicate and gingiva is composite. By far the easiest and faster full arch restoration in my lab. He is the latest one I made. Ready to be fitted .

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Why BDT? What does that stand for?

Looks pretty

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
BDT = Burn-out Denture Tooth.

Very interesting concept and Trchnique. I attended the course at the beginning of July at Bill Connell's lab in Jupiter, FL.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
There is a course in Vegas reall soon but I think it is already sold out

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

Very interesting concept and Trchnique. I attended the course at the beginning of July at Bill Connell's lab in Jupiter, FL.

Patrick Coon , when I took the course in Greece I was like " Awww , this makes so much sense !!". Isn't it brilliant ??? I reckon Buzz was an excellent host !!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

I'd heard of it, just hadn't put it and the initialism together. Thanks.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
There is a how to article on this technique in (I think) Spectrum Dialogue magazine from a couple of months ago.

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Are there credible long term studies on this technique? Ive been itching to try it!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Are there credible long term studies on this technique? Ive been itching to try it!

They have 5-6 years cases in the mouth . Working solid ! Try it ! As long as you don't violate the material's limitations it will work

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
what part gets burned out? very nice looking! would love more info

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
They have 5-6 years cases in the mouth . Working solid ! Try it ! As long as you don't violate the material's limitations it will work
We got about fifty cases delivered in the last two years of this type ( my development, not BDT ) still holding...fingers crossed :D Have used emax, Zr and acrylic teeth...getting close to fully digitize the production (minus the gingival part).
2.jpg 1.jpg

S

slotboom.f

Reaction score
Fully digitized by zirkonzahn

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i still dont see what's being burned out - but we do pekkton sub structures with ceramic crowns and pink quite a bit, am i missing something here? are they burning out the the denture teeth set up and pressing the shape?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i still dont see what's being burned out - but we do pekkton sub structures with ceramic crowns and pink quite a bit, am i missing something here? are they burning out the the denture teeth set up and pressing the shape?
yeah but not likely into ingots with multi or varying shade like emax. probably something more uniform to have a sort of frame over peek, and wax/press final veneers individually.

a giant cavity of burnt out denture shape would be ridiculous to control shade without further segregation.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yeah i figured they would section it and press it as such off a matrix

i just don't see how this is less time consuming than doing the whole design in Exocad or 3Shape

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
yeah i figured they would section it and press it as such off a matrix

i just don't see how this is less time consuming than doing the whole design in Exocad or 3Shape
It's favored by the Copymill luddites.
At the risk of being tarred and feathered, I find these constructions always strike me as a whole lot of make work for C&B guys, as most screw retained arches are fabricated in removables labs.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
By setting up the denture teeth, you have something to test the bite with a try-in.. The cad alternative I guess would be milling PMMA teeth and pressing them.

corona

corona

Reaction score
... one of the best techniques for implant supported arches .... does it take longer than say a full arch all zirconia with layered ceramic ... maybe ....is there multiple steps and different materials to acquire ....yes ... but this is why i like this solution . 1. retrievable. 2. you can make changes to the tissue if the patients gums remodel . 3. If a crown chips or breaks during service .... you only have to replace that crown . 4. the polymer frame has some tiny amount of give . 5 . aesthetics are limitless . can be done analog and digital . the BDT technique and Arians telescopic technique are in my mind the best for the patient overall hygiene with aesthetic and function . .

Top Bottom