The aman girbach ceramill motion 2

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
I plan to do alot of wax here so I will be using that alot and 1st is not a bad idea. ...I have 6 days before my training to play. .. which wax puck is the closest to real wax, I would like it workable and at a lower melting point.

E

Evin Flasted

Reaction score
Gary, when we began with our system. We milled it in wax and then switched it to Zi. If you set the material in wax to begin with and then decide to mill it in ZI it will do the math for you and convert the size. We had Richard from Amann Girrbach in our lab for about a week last fall. He was the one that showed us that.
I am on Facebook Gary and if you are as well feel free to Private message me with any questions you may have. I have it up and running pretty much all the time.
Congrats on the purchase and have fun.

E

Evin Flasted

Reaction score
Bob , would love to catch up and visit with you. We may have to wait until IDS is done for sure. I know you have to be crazy busy right now. :)
Thank you for the offer to call and your number! Have a safe trip there and back!
Evin

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ill say I can mill 95% of posteriors in a 12mm sagemax puck. Occasionally 14-16, and 18s for bridgework. Obviously full contour makes the pattern taller.

E

Evin Flasted

Reaction score
I plan to do alot of wax here so I will be using that alot and 1st is not a bad idea. ...I have 6 days before my training to play. .. which wax puck is the closest to real wax, I would like it workable and at a lower melting point.

Gary,
I have used Amann white wax and you can still hand carve it some if needed. I have also used the wax that Primotec Dental sells for the system.
I like it better for long bridges and such. It is more ridged , only downside any adjustments you have to do with a handpiece or a VERY sharp instrument without a lot of pressure. I use Bego SH investment and don't have any cracking problems for the most part. Rapid burnout starting at 500C and hold for 15 minutes and then up to temp. Use it for e.max , pfms, and FCG.
I also think the Primotec wax mills the margins better IMHO than Amann wax.
Best of luck!
Evin

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
Thanks Evin, I will need to contact you here but I will be in touch

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
Gary, when we began with our system. We milled it in wax and then switched it to Zi. If you set the material in wax to begin with and then decide to mill it in ZI it will do the math for you and convert the size. We had Richard from Amann Girrbach in our lab for about a week last fall. He was the one that showed us that.
I am on Facebook Gary and if you are as well feel free to Private message me with any questions you may have. I have it up and running pretty much all the time.
Congrats on the purchase and have fun.

Ill say I can mill 95% of posteriors in a 12mm sagemax puck. Occasionally 14-16, and 18s for bridgework. Obviously full contour makes the pattern taller.

Thanks, see you here in a couple weeks at the wsdla.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Oh cool gary, I havent booked yet, but Im pretty sure Im going. I will look for you! How is this meeting? Ive never been.

E

Evin Flasted

Reaction score
Thanks Evin, I will need to contact you here but I will be in touch

Gary , If you want to send me your email or phone number I will help out wherever I can. When do you do the training and is it in the new place in Florida?

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
Oh cool gary, I havent booked yet, but Im pretty sure Im going. I will look for you! How is this meeting? Ive never been.
It's nothing too special, it shows what's available in the itinerary for classes and I'm not sure what will be in booth attendance.

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
Gary , If you want to send me your email or phone number I will help out wherever I can. When do you do the training and is it in the new place in Florida?
Hi Evin, my training is next week here in the lab. I have already visited the training center in cali and met with brian the trainer for the west coast. Which wax do you recommend? ? And is there a wax that is workable and softer than what is offered by AG. That I can mill and remains accurate. Feel free to contact me 2065951401. Via text or call

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Congratulations Gary! Keep us posted

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
Just finished training. .... 3 full days on exocad, design, impants, micro shell temps, night guards and ceramic wet mill..... wow its alot to soak in.
Our first 2 cases run through the design and sintering using zolid were the nicest full contour zirconia I've seen run through our lab. A single unit and a 3 unit bridge. ..... 25 mins fitting and finishing margings down to perfect.... and off to the staining. Pretty damn good for a first try!!! Working and finishing time already improved. ...
Quite impressed and happy with my choice in AG.

CAP was amazing in their efforts to remedy any and all issues with the install and training durring their minor growing pains in taking on such a huge responsibility in distribution and training.

A huge thanks to Ryan at CAP fir his help, and bigger thanks to Brian, our installation and training lead with help from MO a CAP employee with AG experience. Both on site.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Just finished training. .... 3 full days on exocad, design, impants, micro shell temps, night guards and ceramic wet mill..... wow its alot to soak in.
Our first 2 cases run through the design and sintering using zolid were the nicest full contour zirconia I've seen run through our lab. A single unit and a 3 unit bridge. ..... 25 mins fitting and finishing margings down to perfect.... and off to the staining. Pretty damn good for a first try!!! Working and finishing time already improved. ...
Quite impressed and happy with my choice in AG.

CAP was amazing in their efforts to remedy any and all issues with the install and training durring their minor growing pains in taking on such a huge responsibility in distribution and training.

A huge thanks to Ryan at CAP fir his help, and bigger thanks to Brian, our installation and training lead with help from MO a CAP employee with AG experience. Both on site.

So glad to hear all of that Gary! Congratulation again! I bet its nice to have that control back in your own hands. I didn't know CAP did any onsite training.. Is this typical?

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
I'm not sure on all systems offered by CAP. But it seems with AG that everyone I have spoken with has had on site training. My experience at this point has been great with CAP and AG

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
So glad to hear all of that Gary! Congratulation again! I bet its nice to have that control back in your own hands. I didn't know CAP did any onsite training.. Is this typical?
Yes, CAP has always done on site training for several different products. We also do some trainings here at CAP. It depends on what makes the most sense and what was purchased.

Evin@IDL

Evin@IDL

Reaction score
Great to hear Gary that you are off to a great start. Sorry been off the grid. I will try to give you a call later this week.
Evin

Evin@IDL

Evin@IDL

Reaction score
Bob, would love to give you that call if your still open. Want to talk about a few things. I knew that you would be swamped around IDS. You gave me your cell number and will try to give you a ring soon.
Thanks
Evin

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
Great to hear Gary that you are off to a great start. Sorry been off the grid. I will try to give you a call later this week.
Evin
Thanks Evin, I would love to hear your experience and any tips you have to offer....I have alot to learn, with open ears

S

Summit dental lab AK

Reaction score
Very interested in buying this mill. Would love to talk with some owners of this mill . Service agreements , Support , training , ect. Good bad ,ugly, awesome. Thanks