The aman girbach ceramill motion 2

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I've never had an experience like that with CAP? They just give me the info I need and always give me multiple options.

Now...... Ivoclar is i different story...... I was told, if I didn't buy a select soon, that the prices were going up. They were selling their existing stock and all new machines would be more expensive. Then I needed to buy this week or lose all Chicago savings. Then I was told I had to buy their vac system or they wouldn't sell me the machine. Then I got an email that they had gone ahead and signed me up for a course in Michigan in a few weeks so I could buy the machine. Then we needed to go ahead and get paperwork going asap just to get my name on the last machines. Now, this entire time I have been telling them I'm not buying anything for a month at least. I also repeatedly said I had two other machines I was pretty serious about. They even started running down some other manufacturers and distributors. Ridiculous.....

Sorry to rant..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Thanks Jason,
I guess, on occasion, we all run into an overly aggressive rep that goes over the top and looses site of the customers needs. This is unfortunate for sure. Not to make excuses, sales reps make money by selling. I look at Ivoclar as a really good company and you were setup with an overly aggressive rep.
I'm really hoping to touch base with Doug today so I can straighten out what happened with him in the CAP ballroom.
Jason, I think you should contact Ivoclar management and discuss your experience as I'm sure this is not the way they want their team to do sales. In good companies when management knows of these mismanaged events things change for the better.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I spoke quite a bit with both CAP and Ivoclar. I did not feel pressure from either party. Truthfully I did not feel overly pressured by any vendor I spoke with.Maybe I had that" my checkbook is back in the room" look.

C

Caino

Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone know how to receive a Cerec file into the Ceramill system? We have some Cerec docs that woud like to send

Thanks

L

lucky54

Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone know how to receive a Cerec file into the Ceramill system? We have some Cerec docs that woud like to send

Thanks

You want only to mill it?
Send me one file i try and make screenshots for you.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I would guess they might have an add on module.. but I dont know. You can always convert the files, there is software to do it....

L

lucky54

Reaction score
As Affinity says Solution-oriented not a problem-oriented.

Evin@IDL

Evin@IDL

Reaction score
Have had the Amann Girrbach system for last year and half. Great system , never a broken tool , or any other issues at all. However I am wanting to mill metal now. I wish I would have purchased a larger mill from the get go. Now will be selling my mill or the whole system to upgrade. So guess I would just encourage you Gary to try to look into the crystal ball and make sure you get more than what you want or need now vs. getting what will work for you at this moment. Never fun trying to sell a big system to upgrade. :) Good luck.
P.S
BTW yes I would purchase Amann again best company I have worked with in sometime.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Evin,The wet Ceramill Motion 2 will mills titanium custom abutments. In addition, you can mill a pre-sintered CrCo material, Sintron. Sintron is a pretty cool material as it mills like green state zirconia so the tool wear and time to mill a unit are really good. I'm not sure what else you would want to mill for metal but the CM2 can definitely do the described.
I would be interested in understanding the indication or restoration you are looking for.

E

Evin Flasted

Reaction score
Bob , I'm looking to mill TI copings and such. Would love to visit with you some time about all of this. We have a mutual friend Lucas Lammott. He has spoken very highly of you several times over the past year. It would be great to get to know you better as well.
Thanks
Evin

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob , I'm looking to mill TI copings and such. Would love to visit with you some time about all of this. We have a mutual friend Lucas Lammott. He has spoken very highly of you several times over the past year. It would be great to get to know you better as well.
Thanks
Evin
Evin,
Would love for you to come for a visit. We have a flow of visitors all the time.
On another note, I spent the better part of six months trying to bond ceramics to Ti and if i may, don't go there. Titanium has an unmanageable oxide layer. The alloy does not hold up to heat. We experienced many different technical problems. We spent a bundle trying to work it out and finally cut the cord.
On another note, if you want to mill other low cost alloys I do have a great solution for you.
I'm headed to Europe on Sunday for IDS and will be gone for the week. Almost anytime after that i would love to have you visit. You can call me by cell (978-505-1390) and we can set something up. I am in a meeting today from 9:00-3:00 EST.

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
My ceramill motion 2 will be here Tuesday! !! Thanks for all the help here. I'm excited. ...but, I need to order material to learn with and use. ..LA ceramics, any advise on what and where from I should start with?... im receiving quite a few zirconia pucks from AG for the purchase... what size is best to choose and are there differences I need to be concerned with? ?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
My ceramill motion 2 will be here Tuesday! !! Thanks for all the help here. I'm excited. ...but, I need to order material to learn with and use. ..LA ceramics, any advise on what and where from I should start with?... im receiving quite a few zirconia pucks from AG for the purchase... what size is best to choose and are there differences I need to be concerned with? ?

Congrats... Looking forward to the review. Please keep us up to date with any hiccups or things you really like or something that pops up that you were not aware of and don't like.

L

lucky54

Reaction score

Welcome to the Motion Club work your first into the software .
Then you mills the first sample crowns in wax ( from the cheapest way ;)
Play the settings and collect experiences .
And have fun

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Generally speaking 12 & 14mm Zolid discs are the most common thicknesses for zirconia. The Sintron CrCo is also a great product. I believe you will be good to go for a while with the starter kit. Once your running you will easily figure out what else you need. I would not worry about milling wax first. The training will put you in a place where you will be good to go. Any Q's just call tech support 877-977-7889. The integration of the CAD, CAM and mill is fantastic. You're going to love it:)

L

lucky54

Reaction score
Bob you deserve anyway let him play a bit with wax .