The aman girbach ceramill motion 2

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
Anyone have some good and bad input on the ceramill motion 2, 5 axis wet dry mill. I'm looking into purchasing one and am doing my last bit of due diligence before jumping in with both feet on everything it offers.

G

greener1031

Reaction score
Anyone have some good and bad input on the ceramill motion 2, 5 axis wet dry mill. I'm looking into purchasing one and am doing my last bit of due diligence before jumping in with both feet on everything it offers.

With Chicago coming up might be good idea to go and see the latest and greatest before your final step. Its usually a great opportunity to get best prices as well as real face to face comparisons. Several new wet/dry mills available at great prices. Just thinking out loud. (also if you're going to spend that kind of money a trip to chicago is cheap insurance against decisions based on lack of info.)

doug

doug

Reaction score
What is the pricing on it, do you know?

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
I've been offered the Chicago pricing which is about 95 thousand for everything. Mill, scanner, furnace. It's crazy high, but I've only heard positives on AG equipment and their progression in the new technologies and applications. But that is alot from sales and those who already have one.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Because everything is permanent when posted on DLN I can't post our Chicago promotional pricing but if you email or call me I can give you the pricing.

877 977 7889 x 1
sales (at) cap-us.com

Also we are going to have an awesome ballroom with education and cocktails - Check it - Link

I hope to see everyone there!

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
AG has always had a good reputation, and with the inclusion of CAP, i cannot see why it won't simply get better.

For the labs that don't want to focus too much on the semantics and haven't bought any systems yet, they are a great way to go.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
I've been offered the Chicago pricing which is about 95 thousand for everything. Mill, scanner, furnace. It's crazy high, but I've only heard positives on AG equipment and their progression in the new technologies and applications. But that is alot from sales and those who already have one.

If you compare a 95k turn key system that does Ti custom abutments to others it's very competitive. AG will also be releasing a very affordable dry mill if you don't want wet capability, the package price will be much lower.

doug

doug

Reaction score
So you say you're going to have tasty beverages there? I'm in! I am looking forward to seeing everything.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I guess you guys need to put up that RIO calculator again.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
What is the spindle rating in these?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its a pretty sweet setup, AG makes really high quality products.. Think BMW or mercedes , especially in terms of long term ownership.. think Kia in terms or trade-in opportunities in the future. Support is less than adequate IMO. I could never spend $95k on any piece of equipment without really researching not only what it can do, but who youre partnering with.

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
I'll need a drink after a purchase, knees are knocking. ... will the dry mill allow an upgrade purchase later to make it wet/dry?

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm new to this. .. how do we respond to a post specific and PM. I would like to hear from Affinity..... your opinion is strong and I like to hear the downs as well as ups

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
We own everything they offer and have used it exclusively for almost 2 years now with almost no problems,... period. I have used most systems, taken some of them apart and have been involved in the construction of milling equipment over the past 10 + years. I have not seen anything as of yet that is built better or thought out better as far as being "futureproof" in this price range,..which by the way is intermediate. PS> go with the ceramill motion 2 first if at all possible. Wet milling is not a luxury in my opinion. Service in the US with CAP is the best in the biz,..full stop

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Gary, use the 3rd little black button at the bottom right corner of the post; marked "Reply"

this will allow you to quote the post. if you wish to reply to multiple people at a time hit the +quote for each individual post, go down to the bottom of the page and on the bottm LEFT youll find an "Insert Quotes" button. there you can ensure you are replying to the correct people and begin your response.

as to private messages you need 10 posts to initiate your inbox, and once you have 10 you can click on any user name and click on "start a conversation" (these are private)