Temporary for biohorizion implant

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Here I am again looking for guidence. Just compleated 10 lava crowns now # 10 needs a tempory dont have a abutment as Dr. wants me to come up with a tempory, Ive trimed down a analog to build up a composit but don't think it will sustain the function of the mouth as no screw to hold it inplace or think it will sustain the pressure of a screw could do a PFM but wha t is the purpose of delaying using a abutment besides maybe healing, maybe just a miss communication with Dr. is there a product out there.
Hope you all have a Good Friday
Stan

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Stan, they make temporary abutments, cost around 60 dollars. Make sure though, that it stays WAY out of occlusion, you don't want any load on that implant during integration. Usually the only time I make one is when tissue management is an issue, or the patient can handle a TTPD (flipper).

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Thanks Rob

Do you know who the they are,how the hell do you come up with my answers so quick, are you on our payroll, oh I forgot you are a Marine
Your Friend
Stan

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I just happened to be reading something else in between opaquing some crowns but then again, that Marine factor does include 'spider senses'. Nahh, seriously, we help out each other here, I've probably learned more on this website from other members than I did the first decade in this business.