Temporary crowns

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
okay folks, whats the best method for temp crowns, and what is needed?

there seems to be a lack of reasonably priced temps in the market so i am considering setting up for making temps.....though who knows where i will find the time. i have tried outsourcing them with similar results from everyone i have tried. 100% of the temps ive sent out this year (a whopping 16 units worth) have had issues stemming from NOT READING THE DANG PRESCRIPTION. soooooo, since i am hearing that i am not the only frustrated lab guy, i would like to figure out what i need to make a setup to generate nice looking temps on a semi regular basis. maybe more regular if i can help some of the local labs that are in dire need too.
any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hi.
First reply and within three minutes!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Good luck with that.
Maybe buy a mill

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You have 3shape right?
yes I do. though I've not used it for temps yet. mainly because I don't have a reliable source for temps (and I get so few of them)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Argen,Argen,Argen.

There's 3 places you could try.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
for big cases, make diagnostic wax, scan it and scan the preparation and your temp is ready as per your wax and add it to the invoice.
for small cases try to teach docs to make direct temps, however its easy to fabricate.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
anyone use the exocad provisional module? How do you like it?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
for big cases, make diagnostic wax, scan it and scan the preparation and your temp is ready as per your wax and add it to the invoice.
for small cases try to teach docs to make direct temps, however its easy to fabricate.
there's not always a diagnostic. and most often if there is a diagnostic, I make a matrix for temps intraorally. so no need for me to make them.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
there's not always a diagnostic. and most often if there is a diagnostic, I make a matrix for temps intraorally. so no need for me to make them.

make it a practice then,, it is useful for your lab, for the docs, and for the patient.
right planning, the pre-preparation patient and doctor opinions is very important.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If you have a scanner why wouldnt you just have them milled in PMMA? No brainer.. no need to fool with acrylic. In switzerland I made lots of acrylic temps because the Drs asked for them, and because I made as much as a crown here in the US.. but I used GC acrylic, body and incisal.. they look nice. But too much work if you can design and mill.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
make it a practice then,, it is useful for your lab, for the docs, and for the patient.
right planning, the pre-preparation patient and doctor opinions is very important.
lol these things i know.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
If you have a scanner why wouldnt you just have them milled in PMMA? No brainer.. no need to fool with acrylic. In switzerland I made lots of acrylic temps because the Drs asked for them, and because I made as much as a crown here in the US.. but I used GC acrylic, body and incisal.. they look nice. But too much work if you can design and mill.
i have no prob with having them milled in PMMA. doesnt matter to me HOW they are made.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Much stronger than pressure cured acrylic also.. The problem is only the demand.. Most Drs will just have the asst make them..