.stl

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Side show. Any way to get a screen shot of the model with crown. Just curious is the model section for the die or a solid unsectioned cast as the io scan comes in stl format.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
i dont have a model :D
well, not yet anyway. when a model comes in and i print the crowns i will let everyone know

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Riley, John....feel free to give me a call. i can walk you through it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You can't share it with us?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Bob's Racist!!!

What? everyone's saying it

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
bwahahahaha
guess you just gotta know the right people!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
okay okay, im just kidding.
3shape can already import the .stl files....but if you create the case as a digital case then it requires modelbuilder/allscans.
if you create the case as if it were from standard models, you can import the scans. its a bit tricky getting used to no singular dies, as it sees the entire scan as a die, but once margins are marked you just continue on as normal.
my case happens to be #28 and #29 emax crowns, and i am having models printed just to verify everything the first few times i do this. once i know we are getting predicable results, i wont bother with the models and just print/press/stain/glaze.
thats all she wrote folks!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
3shape can already import the .stl files....but if you create the case as a digital case then it requires modelbuilder/allscans.
if you create the case as if it were from standard models, you can import the scans. its a bit tricky getting used to no singular dies, as it sees the entire scan as a die, but once margins are marked you just continue on as normal.
my case happens to be #28 and #29 emax crowns, and i am having models printed just to verify everything the first few times i do this. once i know we are getting predicable results, i wont bother with the models and just print/press/stain/glaze.
3Shape secret police will be knocking on your door in the middle of a moonless night.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i wouldnt keep doing it this way.

less flexibility. importing as digital impression lets you trim the scan, sculpt the dies, adjust opposing.

the only die sculpt you can do with importing them as models, is once the die is identified and isolated.

also, less ability to optimize the bite.

CAD-CAM Jedi

CAD-CAM Jedi

Reaction score

less flexibility. importing as digital impression lets you trim the scan, sculpt the dies, adjust opposing.

the only die sculpt you can do with importing them as models, is once the die is identified and isolated.

If I recall correctly, when importing scans you have the option to "mark scan as unprepared." I think that gives you a little bit more flexibility in regards to trimming and sculpting.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

i tell you what, if you want to cover the needed fees to 3shape i will gladly stop doing it this way! lol

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ok so you are just setting up a standard order for restoration on unsanctioned model and then dragging the scans into the directory?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Ok so you are just setting up a standard order for restoration on unsanctioned model and then dragging the scans into the directory?
importing, yes.
once the work order is created just hit ok. then right click it and go to import and blammo. proceed with the "next" step

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

That's not an new trick this works on any stl file, but you get the model printed as a solid instead of section, i knew this already. But once you get that ****ty scan good luck, this will only work on nice clean exposed margin scans, single unit modelless no problem all day long.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
John

Simply highlight the created file and ctrl+alt+I import scan shortcut.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So how does the doc send me his file? Through email? Where do I tell him to find the file to send? Keep it coming fellas

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Drop box or mail if they are not too large.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Will he be able to see a colour scan or just mono?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That's not an new trick this works on any stl file, but you get the model printed as a solid instead of section, i knew this already. But once you get that ****ty scan good luck, this will only work on nice clean exposed margin scans, single unit modelless no problem all day long.
never said it was new, nor pretty. just working with what I have!
luckily this guy has great preps, and very nice shoulders with well defined margins. and the scan isn't all THAT bad....though not nearly as nice as what I scan here.

Top Bottom