STL File transfer

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So Argen uploaded their stuff so I can send them files. But when they did this they changed where my finished designs are filed. So now they don't get sent to my milling computer. The big problem I have is Jensen has all but one tech at Chicago. I don't know if the one tech left will get to me any time soon and, as normal, I'm in a rush. Can anyone help me before 8:30 mst?

Sincerely,

Urgent in Utah

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
So when you retrieve your manufacturing files, it should ask you where you want them saved. Just create a folder for them on your desktop and save it to that folder. At least this is the way my software works.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen that question. When you close out a design it usually saves the file as an STL, rather than DCM, to a file I had set up. I don't know where to go to direct the finished stl to.

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Have you tried CAD Data

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
riley about the best i could offer you is a teamviewer session to see what's happening, but as i am not familiar with your CAM i'd only be half-useful to you.

the person i would direct you to is UserName. he has Jensen and used to have 3shape so he'd have the knowledge you require.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Found this. It has the file listed where I want to send files and the correct box is checked. Whats the story on the box below that one?
upload_2016-2-26_8-39-11.png

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So Argen uploaded their stuff so I can send them files. But when they did this they changed where my finished designs are filed. So now they don't get sent to my milling computer. The big problem I have is Jensen has all but one tech at Chicago. I don't know if the one tech left will get to me any time soon and, as normal, I'm in a rush. Can anyone help me before 8:30 mst?

Sincerely,

Urgent in Utah

Why not call Josh at Argen? 1-800-255-5524

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
those two boxes work in tandem; 3shape wants to know if you want to separate your scandata and manufacturing output. if you do (you do!) it wants to know what folder to store those manufacturing files in.

if the lower box wasnt checked, it would store the manufacturing file in the folder with all the scans.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Check your PM/email for tel # for help

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have an issue where the output files sometimes on Argen stuff doesn't out put, when finished with design select file and hit F7 to output. You have everything setup right.

I also use daily directories under order directory, this will put all the cases scan that day in a folder named the date. So when you go to the folder everything you scanned in that day is in its own folder so you don't have to file through a mess of individual folders, more organized.

To go directly to the STL file, select the file in the order manager then hit Shift+F4, this will open up the folder where the STL got stored.

Also sometime Argen sets up stuff to get zipped so then it will not go into a folder of material rather then the main output location.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I have an issue where the output files sometimes on Argen stuff doesn't out put, when finished with design select file and hit F7 to output. You have everything setup right.

I also use daily directories under order directory, this will put all the cases scan that day in a folder named the date. So when you go to the folder everything you scanned in that day is in its own folder so you don't have to file through a mess of individual folders, more organized.

To go directly to the STL file, select the file in the order manager then hit Shift+F4, this will open up the folder where the STL got stored.

Also sometime Argen sets up stuff to get zipped so then it will not go into a folder of material rather then the main output location.
Thanks everyone, Jensen helped me out. Proly would have been done faster but I had a "business meeting" to tend to. Just got back.
What bike you riding Sevan? I'm trying to decide if I should buy another pair of skis or sell my bike and get a different one.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
it was put into a subfolder now and doesn't line up by date when I filter files by the date tab so I couldn't see it cause it would stay at the bottom.