Stacking Sintering trays in the Dekema Furnace (question)

• Thread starter Getoothachopper
  • Start date
Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Iv'e ordered one of the new Ceramill therm S furnace ( Basically it's a 664 Dekema with a sexy black paint job). It should be here any day now after paying for it two months ago , lol ,I think it's coming from Germany on the back of a Tortoise . Anyway my question is ,it comes with one sintering tray. I am wanting to order a second one and they are not sure if I need the ring (bowl) and the plate too or just the ring ? ,,,,,,I want to get it ordered asap on the next Tortoise heading over :)

K

KIM

Reaction score
Iv'e ordered one of the new Ceramill therm S furnace ( Basically it's a 664 Dekema with a sexy black paint job). It should be here any day now after paying for it two months ago , lol ,I think it's coming from Germany on the back of a Tortoise . Anyway my question is ,it comes with one sintering tray. I am wanting to order a second one and they are not sure if I need the ring (bowl) and the plate too or just the ring ? ,,,,,,I want to get it ordered asap on the next Tortoise heading over :)
You need both the ring and plate. The wave ring is the side wall and the plate is the bottom...Basically to get 2 levels of units, from the bottom up it goes: Plate-Ring-Plate-Ring...

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
You need both the ring and plate. The wave ring is the side wall and the plate is the bottom...Basically to get 2 levels of units, from the bottom up it goes: Plate-Ring-Plate-Ring...
Thank you so much Kim :)

doug

doug

Reaction score
We have a Dekema 664 and Jensen told us that we couldn't put a second tray in it. What's the truth? I've got work to get done and 2 trays would be nice.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
We have a Dekema 664 and Jensen told us that we couldn't put a second tray in it. What's the truth? I've got work to get done and 2 trays would be nice.
My guess would be no stacking if you are trying to do faster sinter cycles maybe ?

doug

doug

Reaction score
No, we are very careful with out sintering cycles. We can only fit a limited number of crowns on one tray. 2 trays would be nicer

user name

user name

Reaction score
That's a pretty small oven to be adding that much extra load.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
That's a pretty small oven to be adding that much extra load.
Yeah I agree with you . On the rare occasions I sinter a lot , I would just run them through my Bigger Therm 2 . The literature talks about stacking though . I will run some tests and see what happens .

K

KIM

Reaction score
Doug:
You absolutely CAN use 2 trays in a DEKEMA 664. The 2nd wave ring and base are optional BUT you can use them. The DEKEMA baSiC furnace only allows 1 tray (But it's a bigger tray than the 664). Doug, I am happy to call you if you want to message me to discuss details.
Best,
K

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Stacking is ring-tray-ring-tray. The trays can be used as dishes for beads or flipped and used flat.

Good luck!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk