• Degree Of Freedom-exocad

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Medit: Identica Hybrid-exocad

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
J

JemsCalagan

Reaction score
Hi guys, i read a lot of post about scan decision but nobody speak about the production they made with. So is there a scan better than an other one for small production? I m scratching my head since a week now and cannot decide.
I'm single technician working for a single dentist, with 2 assistant he ask for proximately 60 crowns/month (full contour and and layered crowns) wich is arround 3 crowns/day.
Including the fact that we may evolved with Intra oral scan in the next 3 years.
Which system and scanner would you consider between those?:
Could you tell me wich one you would take and wich one you think is the less appropriate and why.

Dental Wings: 7series - 3series / DWOS
3Shape: D2000 - D1000 / 3ShapeOS
Degree Of Freedom (DOF): Freedom HD / Exocad
Medit: Identica Hybrid / Exocad

Thanks a lot.
PS: Excuse my english, mon francais est bien meilleur. ;)

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I have a 3Shape d900 and a Sirona scanner. I can use either. Both have strengths, weaknesses and bugs. A lot of people like the medit scanners. Really you need to try some out and see what you like. I would not touch dental wings because of several negative issues that I have heard about on forums.

J

JemsCalagan

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer, my problem is that i m newbie in this stuff. Even if I try them i m not sure i will be able to understand the key points between the 4 systems. Don't you think some of them are more production oriented than other? and what about the compatibility with Intra oral scanner?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I had 3shape for 5 years...now with Exo for the last two years. I'd suggest to go with an Exo setup, way less overhead...more suitable for a one man lab like you...

doug

doug

Reaction score
You want to do yourself a favor? Talk to Jensen about their setup. I had dental wings/ Straumann...Nope it. Jensen will get you up and running, make you a profit and you can look down the road to upgrade if needed.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Hi guys, i read a lot of post about scan decision but nobody speak about the production they made with. So is there a scan better than an other one for small production? I m scratching my head since a week now and cannot decide.
I'm single technician working for a single dentist, with 2 assistant he ask for proximately 60 crowns/month (full contour and and layered crowns) wich is arround 3 crowns/day.
Including the fact that we may evolved with Intra oral scan in the next 3 years.
Which system and scanner would you consider between those?:
Could you tell me wich one you would take and wich one you think is the less appropriate and why.

Dental Wings: 7series - 3series / DWOS
3Shape: D2000 - D1000 / 3ShapeOS
Degree Of Freedom (DOF): Freedom HD / Exocad
Medit: Identica Hybrid / Exocad

Thanks a lot.
PS: Excuse my english, mon francais est bien meilleur. ;)
I too am a single man Lab , work for three Doc and do just under a hundred units per month . Iv'e had two of the Identica scanners ,a blue and now a Hybrid . Even though the hybrid scans in colour I don't use that feature very much because it's faster on standard . It takes around '5 to 6 mins' per simple case (from imputing all the info ,to stick waxing together to scan the registration. I have been really happy with the scanner and like not having to open and close scanner doors :D

J

JemsCalagan

Reaction score
You see, I could not think opening and closing was so important in scan choice, but reading on this forum it look like it s lot more comfortable to have open scan.
Looks like nobody really likes dental wings arround here. What is the reason? I m not into it and would prefer identica but my boss likes DW. Can you give me a good reasons to choose one of this two?
Thanks to all of you, really apreciate your advices.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Jensen setup is among the best if not the best.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would base my decision on how well you can integrate his intra oral scans into your system.
Find out which scanner he is considering.

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Consider OPT . Good scanner, good support