Six implant-direct bar thingys...?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Scott, sorry to say. The bar design does need some help. More retention? YES
If your client is planning on using the tubes for retention, not gonna happen.
The design needs to support the prosthesis ( tooth Set-up ),not just connect the
dots on the screen together. By the way, dont get your balls caught in the zipper...

Yeah, you are sorry......because I believe you to be incorrect.

I also think you need some help...and not my bar design. LOL

Here are Three wrap-around design directly from Panthera's site.....

Please note, NO pins all over the place....?? Tons of bars made like this.

I still think you are crazy, and over-obsessed with pins for some reason?

I can and have made plenty of pins in the past. Not an issue.

I still think they are totally unnecessary. You do it your way, I do it another way.

I think this case will be fine all day long. I have no worries what-so-ever.

There is not going to be incredible forces on the very incisial edge of the mandibular anteriors anyways.
All other teeth are pretty much directly above the bar, except the anteriors, which are just in front of it a wee-bit.
Those teeth are not going anywhere. No pins needed.

Thanks for your opinion anyways!

I think I know a little more than just connecting dots. You've told me that 3x recently.
You can come over here and try to do what I do. That would be a great laugh!
Don't say that again please. Next time, I won't be so nice.
You are not Jesus Christ of all things screw-retained.
I take your opinion with a 1/2 grain of salt. You are very talented (at something...not sure what yet?) , but sometimes...?

* below images are copied from Panthera and used here without permission. LOL

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
The ugliest frames have the most mechanical retention. Proper tooth support. First case, cancer patient
had a fibula graft. Machined Straumann Mesio abutments in the posterior to create an emergence profile,
then laser welded a frame to complete the structure. The other case, maxillary AO4, once again laser welded
a frame placing cut offs of Ti surgical guide post for retention. Both case were fabricated back in 09. Now having
a Nobel scanner, allowed to scan design bars in house. Structural post / pins are available for retention.
At this time, beta testing with Nobel new software of hybrid bar designs allowing modifications of support.
Will show photos later of hybrids I have fabricated with the new software:)

IMG_3590.jpg IMG_3503.jpg IMG_3596.jpg IMG_3600.jpg IMG_2401.jpg IMG_2366.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
First pic, waste of time and money.

rediculous.

I would think all those harsh edges and square surfaces would only set-up future cracking more so, as the bar flexes and the resin expands/contracts with moisture and heat/cool. Absurd amount of retention! To Infinity!.....AND BEYOND!

You do what you want. Looks stupid to me. Adding all that stuff only makes the resin thinner, and kinda divides it up into little sections. It does not make the bar any stronger. Don't understand your thought process, and I guess we would never agree on the designs. We are polar opposite on this subjet here. LOL Have you ever thought about seeking professional help for your retention-disorder?

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
First pic, waste of time and money.

rediculous.

I would think all those harsh edges and square surfaces would only set-up future cracking more so, as the bar flexes and the resin expands/contracts with moisture and heat/cool. Absurd amount of retention! To Infinity!.....AND BEYOND!

You do what you want. Looks stupid to me. Adding all that stuff only makes the resin thinner, and kinda divides it up into little sections. It does not make the bar any stronger. Don't understand your thought process, and I guess we would never agree on the designs. We are polar opposite on this subjet here. LOL Have you ever thought about seeking professional help for your retention-disorder?

I would think? Thats because you dont know...
Resin expand and contract with heat/cool? Last time I knew, normal body temp is 98.6
Infinity!...AND BEYOND? No, I go above and beyond my client/patient expectations.
Dont understand your thought and process? You'll never get it! :D

M

martintay

Reaction score
Do any of you guys use "Bio-HP " ( Bredent ) ? Or isn`t it FDA approved ?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Do any of you guys use "Bio-HP " ( Bredent ) ? Or isn`t it FDA approved ?

I believe that is a press type ceramic. My cases are all acrylic ( Ivocap ),and Vita teeth.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Its HPP sorry - High Performance Polymer. I have a friend that does a lot of hybrid denture bars and REALLY rates it ! It is pressed and is super strong / light in weight and chemically bonds with acrylic I believe. He also does a lot of Ti bars but thinks this is superior. Just saying it may be worth looking at ? I think it can be milled as well.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Yes he did , my typing mistake

Top Bottom