P

paulg100

Reaction score
Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
New update:

new material TZI Zirconia (aka bruxzir),although the actuall blocks are not available untill "Summer" when ever that is.

I think Glidewell has a program for Beta Testers. I don't know what is involved in the qualification process, but you might want to give Robin Bartolo a call. Tell him I sent you. It would be wise to get to the head of the line when this stuff becomes available for the little mills. FYI

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Thanks for the consideration Mark, Im in the UK though :(

Still waiting to see if Sirona's greed is gonna blow this out of the water initially.

If they overprice the blocks which i fear they will, then this product will go no where fast for us Sirona chumps.

Last edited:
Yoda

Yoda

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Paul.
Sounds interesting. Would really like to get my hands on those blocks to try out.

Mark, do you think they would have Beta testing available for Sirona chumps in Canada?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Dentsply release their own HT Full Contour zirconia for Cercon soon. As we have that mill also im pinning my hopes on that really.

Its all about the marketting for me. If we can use the Bruxzir name and marketting material then there may be something worthwhile in the Sirona stuff.

Other than that wet milling zirconia and the constant cleaning of the filters in the MCXL is just horrible and the square blocks are extremely wasteful, so it would not be my first choice at all. Not to mention its sloooooow.

From 3shape pess release:
"Dentists using the Sirona CEREC intraoral scanner can send their digital impressions to the large install base of laboratories with 3Shape's Dental SystemTM, significantly expanding the range of their CAD/CAM possibilities and restoration indication options."

In a strange twist of fate, this is the worst thing that could happen to MCXL owners. Even the die hard CEREC owners know that there are allot of short comings with the MCXL. If i had the option to send my data to a lab with a 3shape and get the units industrially milled, i would actually choose this over sending to a MCXL using lab.

Last edited:
S

skoo9382

Reaction score
downloaded the 3.86 patch, but the TZi Block is not showing up on the list. Anyone having the same issue?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
yeah its not there, didnt make the update i guess.

tzi is not out yet so guess it dosent really matter.