Sirona Connect to 3Shape

D

dentaldood

Reaction score
I feel like there are plenty of threads regarding this question, but I know Sirona has been in the process of closing their software for the past few years..

I have a 3Shape Scanner, as well as the design software and we have a doctor that currently uses a Sirona intraoral with Sirona Connect. What would the process be to import these files into 3Shape for design?

I've talked to a rep and he was sure that there was no option of doing this unless we had a Sirona Scanner.

I tried downloading Sirona Connect, and seeing if I could access the system but it requires a USB license.

TL;DR: Need to access files from Sirona Connect in order to import them into 3Shape design. How do I do this? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I think you need to have the file "unlocked" first $$ by a Sirona center somehow, somewhere, for you to be able to use them in 3Shape?

Hopefully someone here will help us both understand more of how it can be done.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
depends whats coming out of sirona connect.

.3se files are the 1-file complete case order exported by sirona ready for 1-click loading into 3shape.

.stl files are straightforward

.cdt / .rst / .lab need to be converted before you can work on them. this must be done either on the doctor end, or on your end, but it won't be sirona doing it.

in order to import .3se you'll need to get this module from 3shape. call support.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
For the .3se file, would we need the Allscans module to do that, or is it .3se module specific?

How are the .cdt /.rst / .lab files converted on our end?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes all scans

those need to be imported into one of two systems: either cerec software v4.x (.cdt's are fiddly files. they need to be opened in the format in which they were created) and then converted to .lab to be opened again in v15 software, and again converted either to .3se or .stl

its best if they are saved initially as .lab, as those can be opened in v15 and converted in a single stage.

D

dentaldood

Reaction score
Where can I find the v15 software? Is it something I get from 3shape? I'm able to import files through 3shape, wasn't sure if this is what you were referencing or not.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
sirona's version 15 lab software.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Every time someone asks this I get more confused.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its simple.

sirona's v15 software can't open old cases. so while new cases don't need the be opened in old software, some dentists are stuck in old versions. so you as a lab if you want to accept sirona files need to be prepared for that by having both versions, and then need to pay 3shape to accept those files.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
its simple.

sirona's v15 software can't open old cases. so while new cases don't need the be opened in old software, some dentists are stuck in old versions. so you as a lab if you want to accept sirona files need to be prepared for that by having both versions, and then need to pay 3shape to accept those files.

gotcha.

Isn't the omnicam the first decent scanner from sirona?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
its simple.

Thank you, CHL. It sounds like when it, if it gets to that point with my main accounts having the Sirona system want to send me the files, to get some CAD points and go from there. Would what I get with CAD points, open any pre v15 cases as well as v15 cases?

http://www.3shape.com/news--events/news-list/cad-points.aspx

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
did you just ask me that question

i wouldnt ask me that question

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
"You talkin to me, I'm the only one here...you talkin to me"?

So I take it CAD points would take care of everything old and new.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
how do you buy sirona software on CAD points ?

woof, sorry, i had replied to RKM about not asking about omnicam. i didnt even see you got in before me.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No problem, CHL, I just appreciate your helpfulness and expertise here on all things 3Shape :)

I'm in the process of phone calls with Sirona, to help me better understand the file paths, and what's needed etc. I figure it would be less confusing for me that way, then also causing you all to beat your heads against the wall with my constant, "clarification on things", posts Banghead :D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No problem, CHL, I just appreciate your helpfulness and expertise here on all things 3Shape :)

I'm in the process of phone calls with Sirona, to help me better understand the file paths, and what's needed etc. I figure it would be less confusing for me that way, then also causing you all to beat your heads against the wall with my constant, "clarification on things", posts Banghead :D

Could you be more pacific?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Ok you two comedians..:) No, I just wanted to know the path of the file from the Omniscan, what it is, what's needed to open it, send it etc.

So far, I'm catching CHLs differing files, and getting an idea of what Sirona's IN Lab v15 software is. I'm still waiting for a call back from the main rep, and will get more pricing info etc. It's just I have to be ready for the day my Sirona Dr's say they want to send me a Omniscan file, even though I told them to get a Trios, or at least talk to me first of what to get.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Ok you two comedians..:) No, I just wanted to know the path of the file from the Omniscan, what it is, what's needed to open it, send it etc.

So far, I'm catching CHLs differing files, and getting an idea of what Sirona's IN Lab v15 software is. I'm still waiting for a call back from the main rep, and will get more pricing info etc. It's just I have to be ready for the day my Sirona Dr's say they want to send me a Omniscan file, even though I told them to get a Trios, or at least talk to me first of what to get.
Please make them pay the fee to convert the files.Idea