Sintra Plus degassing?

E

Evan Katz RDT

Reaction score
Is anyone using degassing option in the Sintra Plus furnace? My understanding is that it's used when using acid-based stains - is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Not sure what the "degassing" option is. Is this a cleaning program, or a stage in the cycle to help "dry" the green state zirconia before the sintering cycle starts?

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Is anyone using degassing option in the Sintra Plus furnace? My understanding is that it's used when using acid-based stains - is this correct?

I believe you are correct but not certain, had ours set at 200°C for 30 min hold, seemed to not have any issues.

E

Evan Katz RDT

Reaction score
I got the answer from Shenpaz - the term 'degassing' is a bit misleading. Basically the furnace rises and nearly closes - opens up 1cm and will stay open until a set temperature has been reached. At the same time it is blowing low pressure air into the muffle. Once temperature has been reached it closes the air valve and closes the furnace and starts the program. The idea is that it dries the zirconia and released any oxides and contamininants from the zirconia, especially acid-based liquids.

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
From What I gather from reading the manual it's for acid-based colorants as well as pre-shaded zirconia. However, on mine the slow push of compressed air is constant from fully open till it fully closes, not every 100 degrees for 30 seconds at a time like the manual says. i might be missing something here and if anyone has more info please share! thanks in advance:) downside is I need to leave my compressor on over-night because that's when I sinter my zirconia, upside is that hopefully it keeps my brand new elements cleaner and working well longer. Does anyone know how to use this function well to get better results? ie is a longer degass (higher degass temp setting) better?

Top Bottom