Single Anterior shade question on EMAX

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
I dont have much experience with anterior cases so i want to get some advice here if i can. I only received this one photo from the doctor and i m wondering whether i should use HTA1 emax ingot and stain the body to A2 or MTA1 ingot and stain the body to A2. What do you guys think? by looking at the picture to me it doesnt look like the patients teeth arent that translucent. Or you think i need to just make the coping and layer? If i can get away without layering i just want to finish as monolithic.
photo.php

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
LT A1 and stain would be my run with it

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I guess MT and LT is better option rather than HT for sure.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi Dong Jin,

If the pre is of a good color then MTA1 would be my choice. If the shade is a little darker then go with an LTA1 and Micro-layer the incisal to get a little translucency in the incisal third (but not much as the patient doesn't have much in the picture).

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Agree with the MTA1 if the prep shade is acceptable, otherwise a LTA2 with a bit more aggressive Inc cut back and layer, or a micro layered LTA1 and stain the ging to get the A2. Just keep notes of what you did, as you may be doing the other central soon depending on how long the composite chip repair lasts, or is maintained without staining etc..

C

charles007

Reaction score
Car 54 made a good point,, keep notes on emax used, colors of stains, and porcelain used in case you switch over to GC LiSi, Zuber, etc
Many of us in the beginning of using emax didn't keep records on which ingot we used on patients...
Sooner or later you will end up making another emax crown on that same patient and good notes are a must have......

CreativeTech

CreativeTech

Reaction score
Car 54 made a good point,, keep notes on emax used, colors of stains, and porcelain used in case you switch over to GC LiSi, Zuber, etc
Many of us in the beginning of using emax didn't keep records on which ingot we used on patients...
Sooner or later you will end up making another emax crown on that same patient and good notes are a must have......

No sh!&! :eek:

C

Carlos Robayo CDT

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it without a stump shade.. but at the very least make a clear note on your files of what the Dentist remembers the stump shade to be..

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Thank you guys! All the advice are really appreciated! :)

Top Bottom