Sierra diamond tools v Cubex2

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
having trouble milling cubex2 with sierra tools. sometimes we get 16h of life, other times 60h. its wildly inconsistent, i'm just wondering what are better tools for this, if anyone has some suggestions.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
having trouble milling cubex2 with sierra tools. sometimes we get 16h of life, other times 60h. its wildly inconsistent, i'm just wondering what are better tools for this, if anyone has some suggestions.

What mill?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
We recently started carrying diamond burs for the Roland $50 each. If you'd like to order some let me know.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Dunno...I'm buying industrial AlTiN coated tools...haven't bought a "dental" labeled tool after wearing out the original batch the mill came with (a whooping 60-70 units per tool)...now getting close to a thousand units and no markup...

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Multilayer diamond layers increase the tool life in ... compared to an AlTiN coating is up to eight times longer ..

as Marylin said

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Dunno...I'm buying industrial AlTiN coated tools...haven't bought a "dental" labeled tool after wearing out the original batch the mill came with (a whooping 60-70 units per tool)...now getting close to a thousand units and no markup...

Where do you buy them from ?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Do they fit vhf milling machines by having the ring grip washer?.

I'm not familiar with the VHF line of mills...however those plastic depth setting rings can be bought separately then pressed over the tools. Call a local tool supplier and tell 'em what size ball-end burrs you're looking for and they should be able to help... measure your existing tools, so you know what: overall lenght (L),length of cut or flute length (LL),reach (L3),shank diameter (D) and mill size (D1) you need, so the current cutting strategies can be left unchanged...

cnc tool.png

If the overall length is bigger than what your mill takes, then it can be shortened easily with a diamond disk ;)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the VHF line of mills...however those plastic depth setting rings can be bought separately then pressed over the tools. Call a local tool supplier and tell 'em what size ball-end burrs you're looking for and they should be able to help... measure your existing tools, so you know what: overall lenght (L),length of cut or flute length (LL),reach (L3),shank diameter (D) and mill size (D1) you need, so the current cutting strategies can be left unchanged...

View attachment 20532

If the overall length is bigger than what your mill takes, then it can be shortened easily with a diamond disk ;)
Thanks zero_zero

Top Bottom