Shofu Vintage Zr

C

charles007

Reaction score
Very nice Drizzt, what porcelain were you using before changing ? and how does it compare to Shofu ?
What shade and powders did you use ?
I use Shofu on my pfms but haven't tried Shofu Zr. yet.. lol Ive heard Shofu press over zr is very translucent.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Are you liking it better than GC?

If you never make a decision then your possibilities are endless.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey guys , sorry for the late reply but I was away at GC Campus in Belgium .

First of all thank you all for the positive comments !!

Charles , I haven't changed porcelain yet , the local Shofu rep asked me to try it and tell him what I think , so I did . For this case I used Dentin , Cervical , Opal T , Superlucent , Mamelon pink , Blue translucent , White Translucent . I use e.max ceram and GC Initial Zr fs regularly . I Was impressed with Shofu . I really liked it , and the opalessense is amazing . Haven't used MP for Pfm .

Jason , I find shofu to be closer to what I know from Ivoclar , same technique in my eyes . GC is nice , but I haven't fully understood the system .

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I really like the way the modifiers are layed out with ivoclars ceramics. Especially the OE powders.

I'm still figuring out which powder to use where with GC. Some modifiers appear very similar. Overall I love the ceramic though. I had to learn ivoclars porcelains in the beginning as well

That shofu ceramic looks beautiful though.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I like to keep things simple . I don't like mixing 3-4 powders to get a shade when I am not doing custom shades . I can't get OE1 with GC . I have to mix TO-1 with EOP 3 and some neutral to get this nice bluish effect . With Shofu , I used superlucent and Blue Translucent where I wanted it to be more intense and it was ready . Don't get me wrong , I have made some beautiful crowns with GC , this was easier though .

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I used degudent Kiss Zr a few years ago. I really liked the way the system was layed out. I just didn't like the ceramic as much. It had a nice blue and a smoke that I really liked.

That shofu looks to have a lot of vitality

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yeah , shade is awesome with Shofu , vitality as you said . Plus shrinkage was little , although I did it in 3 bakes and not one so I cannot really tell .

I love GC for posteriors . Minimum shrinkage , and shades are spot on the shade tab . Also the inside powders are really good . I am just struggling on the insical .

C

charles007

Reaction score
Drizzt, please keep us informed with your journey with Shofu Zr. !! very few labs use it, and or write anything about it on dln..
I still have one shade of Shofu zr in my drawer unopened that they sent months ago to try ... Guess I need to get busy..

L

labtek

Reaction score
I used degudent Kiss Zr a few years ago. I really liked the way the system was layed out. I just didn't like the ceramic as much. It had a nice blue and a smoke that I really liked.

That shofu looks to have a lot of vitality

which material is similar to OE3 in the GC initial assortment?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Drizzt, please keep us informed with your journey with Shofu Zr. !! very few labs use it, and or write anything about it on dln..
I still have one shade of Shofu zr in my drawer unopened that they sent months ago to try ... Guess I need to get busy..

I will Charles . One thing I have noticed , is I am getting openings at the occlusal on the posterior . Maybe my technique is wrong , but I don't get anything like this with GC .

C

charles007

Reaction score
I have a Left Coast friend that's used Shofu for years, both Vintage pfm and Zr. I will ask him to chime in with tips since he's disappeared off dln several years ago..

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I just had the doc tell me that the patient will come for intraoral photos . Can wait cause I really want to see this one seated !

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I just had the patient stop by the lab for some intraoral post cementation pics . Surface texture is not as good as I wanted it to be , but overall I am happy with the result .

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Wow! Looks like the real thing! Tissue adaptation is remarkable. You are a phenomenal ceramist:)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Wow! Looks like the real thing! Tissue adaptation is remarkable. You are a phenomenal ceramist:)

Wow !!!! Thank you sooooo much Jason !!! I am just trying to be the best I can my friend !! I hope someday to become phenomenal ! Really nice ceramic , I really liked it honestly !!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Double Wow Wow very nice..
How would you compare GC, eCeram to Vintage Zr after these few short weeks..

Drizzt, what are you hearing about Creations new ZI-F porcelain on your side of the world..

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Double Wow Wow very nice..
How would you compare GC, eCeram to Vintage Zr after these few short weeks..

Drizzt, what are you hearing about Creations new ZI-F porcelain on your side of the world..

Thanks Charles !!!

I find Shofu has more opalessence , easier than GC , and that it is simpler . With GC I have to make mixtures of powders to go where I want , with Shofu is easier . It looks like e.max ceram , but not being fully synthetic , makes it look more alive and vivid . Also it has less shrinknage compared to e.max ceram , but more compared to GC Initial . Initial has more chroma , but this can be a problem when I don't have much space . Overall , it is really nice . Plus , it fires at 920 celsius , I always like high fusing porxelains better .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I also forgot to write about Zi-F . I have heard nice things about it , but better things for the newer Zi-CT . I am waitng for some to try . When I do I will let you know .

Top Bottom