Semi presious alloy in long span bridge

cloe

cloe

Reaction score
If any of you are using alloys from Argen, which semi presious alloy would you recomend for long span bridges? I would appreciate your help.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Alloys such as Argelite 71 / 61 would work fine for long span bridges.

things to keep in mind are: what type of porcelain will be used and also what type of porcelain application will be used (press or hand-stack). If you can share this info with me, I will be happy to further assist you!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We use Argelite 71 for 90% of our metal ceramics. We use it for singel, all the way to a roundhouse. Its a strong alloy that holds margins well. We use Vita porc as well.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We use Argebond 80 for our PFM restorations, with Noritake EX3 porcelain. It has worked well for singles and long span bridge work.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
There ya go Cloe; great testimonial from John!!! thank you for all your support!

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Argebond 80 works great.

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
If any of you are using alloys from Argen, which semi presious alloy would you recomend for long span bridges? I would appreciate your help.

Cloe, We have such a wide variety of alloy semi precious alloys as you can see by the responses on this thread.
As mentioned... Argelite 71 is a great choice. as well as Argebond 80. I recommend and sell these two alloys all day long for use with VM-13. They both have minimal silver (5-10%) and the CTE is right where you need it. These two are also great for pressing. I would say Argelite 61 is not my ideal choice. Will definitley require slow cooling.
I can give you more information about these and other possible choices. Contact me or your local Argen rep for more information.

cloe

cloe

Reaction score
Thank you Eric. for now I am going to use the 71. Thanks again