Screw Retained Crown on a Hybrid Titanium/Zirconia Abutment

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Where can you get those brass fine brushes if you don't mind sharing?
LCM

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm not sure of an American supplier,perhaps Zahn/Schein ?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks, will check out Zahn/Lincoln catalog.
My lab guy uses Pacific abrasives - I think their website is
Pacific Abrasives: Dental Labs/Dentists
and he can get me mirror finish titanium alloy framework after
Nobel mills them from Quebec.
LCM

Noke Re Ani

Noke Re Ani

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just signed up so I thought I would contribute to this post.

strangely we only have debonding issues with this one doctor...among the bunch of others we work with. Always want screw retained crowns. We sand blast the TiBase and then use a cement from panavia SA. Never had any issues but only this one doctor. Nothing fancy with him...does a straight forward job.

I was wondering would there be some kind of cleaning solution he is using that would degrade the cement itself?

We were thinking about using multilink but first I wanted to check what you guys had to say on this issue.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just signed up so I thought I would contribute to this post.

strangely we only have debonding issues with this one doctor...among the bunch of others we work with. Always want screw retained crowns. We sand blast the TiBase and then use a cement from panavia SA. Never had any issues but only this one doctor. Nothing fancy with him...does a straight forward job.

I was wondering would there be some kind of cleaning solution he is using that would degrade the cement itself?

We were thinking about using multilink but first I wanted to check what you guys had to say on this issue.
What's the material of the crown?

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
We have been using RelyX Unicem 2 on ours, no failures yet. We let one sit in acetone for 3 days and we couldn't pull it apart.

Noke Re Ani

Noke Re Ani

Reaction score
We have been using RelyX Unicem 2 on ours, no failures yet. We let one sit in acetone for 3 days and we couldn't pull it apart.

Hmm. We use to use relyx ultimate cement before and seen more failures. I'm assuming the one you mention is much better than what I mentioned. Either way...I have faith in my cement but I can't finger out why this issue is only happening with this doctor.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
more than likely procedural error.

i have no idea what the procedure is that's not my area of expertise, but if everyone else has no problem he himself must be screwing it up.

Noke Re Ani

Noke Re Ani

Reaction score
more than likely procedural error.

i have no idea what the procedure is that's not my area of expertise, but if everyone else has no problem he himself must be screwing it up.
I wish it was that easy to explain to a doctor...as they tend to be very stubborn. Haha

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
We use Ivoclars multilink HO, for emax and Zi. We cement them in the lab prior to sending to the clinic.
Maybe you can send him/her a copy of the cementing instructions that comes with the cement, Just in case they are doing something odd that they shouldn't be.
Also, maybe they are not seating the crown correctly to the abutment when they cement?

Do you sandblast the inside of crown?

Noke Re Ani

Noke Re Ani

Reaction score
We use Ivoclars multilink HO, for emax and Zi. We cement them in the lab prior to sending to the clinic.
Maybe you can send him/her a copy of the cementing instructions that comes with the cement, Just in case they are doing something odd that they shouldn't be.
Also, maybe they are not seating the crown correctly to the abutment when they cement?

Do you sandblast the inside of crown?

We do not sand blast the inside of the crown, just the crowns. Maybe we will start sand blasting the inside just to reduce any other factors that would cause this issue.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Hi Keith, I have cemented 4 emax hybrids with the Multilink now and have had one come back for adjustment so just burned out at 600.c no probs. I have only used the trial sized kit which does not come with try-in material.

jeff

I like multilink... panavia is a pain to burn out

Top Bottom