scrap refining

A

AL1

Reaction score
Anyone have a favorite scrap refiner and why?
I want to trade my scrap for American eagles.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Atlantic Precious Refining, Ambridge PA. Been a customer/client at least 12 years.
We've all heard stories over the years ( no names) of scrap refiners.
It's a trust thing.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I've used Jensen for years with good results.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
I'm using Cora they will send you a check or coins by your request and you will get great return.
Price schedule

P.S. Argen will charge additional fee to process your vacum bags!

Last edited:
Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Been screwed royally by Atlantic. Never again !!! Sent in a very large lot. When we questioned return, they said they would redo it. Never did. And then ignored our calls. Never felt SO ripped off.

Last few lots went to Talladium. Very good return and happy.

P

Paul Drufva

Reaction score
One year I had a large batch of grindings that I sent to three different refiners. Argen, Jelenko,and Jensen. Argen and Jelenko both sent a check for nearly the exact same amount. The check I got from jensesn was double the amount of either of the other two!I will continue to use them, No question,

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
One year I had a large batch of grindings that I sent to three different refiners. Argen, Jelenko,and Jensen. Argen and Jelenko both sent a check for nearly the exact same amount. The check I got from jensesn was double the amount of either of the other two!I will continue to use them, No question,

Nice Approach !!!!

Darren S

Darren S

Reaction score
I've been using Bonner Industries in Delray Beach, FL. Have had great returns and prompt service with no assay fees. Tried Jensen and Garfield in the past. Can't complain about Jensen either. Did similar approach as Paul and was happy with Jensen and Bonner. Not so much with Garfield. Just my opinion, better turn around and similar results.

zvac

zvac

Reaction score
I second that about Bonner Industries. Larry is great at Bonner.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Recently sent in a six ft area of carpet from where I finish metal; five years old. Got enough to recarpet lab and a new tv.
Does anybody else scrap carpet?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I sent my to Boston Scientific - I believe they are in Canada with a US office. They give a detailed report. Affliated with the ACP (College of Prosthodontists).
LCM

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Recently sent in a six ft area of carpet from where I finish metal; five years old. Got enough to recarpet lab and a new tv.
Does anybody else scrap carpet?

Brilliant :p

H

harry1

Reaction score
Carpet

Had a little old lady visit me years ago, took the carpet away in a shopping trolley, looked harmless walking up the road, wondered if I'd ever see her again, but deep joy all round!

A

AL1

Reaction score
gold or cash

OK all you economists out there. I want to get some gold coins, should I exchange my scrap for the coins or should I get cash and buy them?
If I take it in dental gold, I have no receipt for the IRS and loose the write off plus I am using less and less gold due to emax.
Yes, I do mark up my gold but without being able to right it of it would negate the increase.
Besides I cant mark it up that much in this economy.

A

ALPHA

Reaction score
Never use a refiner b4, so have a 1200 g bottle of Precious metals dust and old crowns. Is that amount worth sending to a refiner??
I was thinking to use Scientific* ??

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
I used Scientific after first sending my metal to Star Refining. Star told me that it was probably worth less than $500 and with assay fees it would well below $300. Scientific Metals paid over $1800 for the same jar of scrap. I will use them from now on.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I homogenize my scrap as best I can and split it between two refiners. Usually Bonner and mcguire strickland. last time I did Bonner and Jensen. Bonner blew them away. My assay closely matches the alloys I use...but Jensen was way off..and only paid for gold and palladium. Guess my silver and platinum was considered a gift??