Schick concept saws any one using?

A

AL1

Reaction score
Is anybody using the Schick concept die saw and trimmer, if so do you find them useful or worth the money?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Schick

You mean this right ? We have it , and I have to say that it is one of the lab's top buyings of all time , compared only with e.max .

We use it for 3 and a half years and it has been perfect so far . We just changed the cutting disk after almost 8.000 teeth cut . Go for it without a second thought .

A

AL1

Reaction score
The g2 and the g3 which is the die trimmer.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I have no experience of G 3 . As for G 2 as stated above .

Last edited:
J

Jorge

Reaction score
We also use the G2 for some years, very happy with it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
used one many times, but can get the same results without that expense. does work nicely though

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I have it, and love it. Great saw, well built and super accurate. I'd never switch.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i can echo all the above sentiments towards the g2 concept saw. very nice piece of equipment.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
can get the same results without that expense

With this machine we cut from below, sometimes full machine cut, sometimes (when die is angled) half cut with the machine and then handsaw from top.
Can you elaborate about doing without that expense and without big danger for your fingers?
Regards

L

Lison

Reaction score
'Just unboxed the G2 Schick saw and trying it out. Finding the saw not cutting far enough in some instances and wondering if a shorter pin system is required. I've got four different die pins, but all are the same 10mm length. Anyone else running into this, or just reducing model height as thin as possible.
Thanks,
Luther
Univ. of MN School of Dentistry

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
'Just unboxed the G2 Schick saw and trying it out. Finding the saw not cutting far enough in some instances and wondering if a shorter pin system is required. I've got four different die pins, but all are the same 10mm length. Anyone else running into this, or just reducing model height as thin as possible.
Thanks,
Luther
Univ. of MN School of Dentistry

How tall are models? Maybe if you shorten models to aprox11 mm below lowest margin.

I have considered this saw but its sooo expensive. I just got the monotrac saw. Similar concept but does not use as large a blade as there are no pins with MT. so far I love the monotrac saw. If using pinned models this saw seems excellent.

L

Lison

Reaction score
Thanks EJADA. We teach the dental students to trim 10-12 mm from the margin to the base, but many seem to think more is better and end result is 12-15mm. Hopefully they will learn it's better to follow the specs so they can utilize the saw rather than hand sawing.

G

Garrett

Reaction score
Been using for five years and it's great. I know this thread is kind of old but I'm curious if anyone has a good place to get blades for less. They're $400 a pop.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Sawing, what's that?...Why not just use double sided diamond disk, your handpiece, and microscope...been using it for 20+ years.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Been using for five years and it's great. I know this thread is kind of old but I'm curious if anyone has a good place to get blades for less. They're $400 a pop.
one blade should last you several years unless you manage to ding it sawing clean through a pin.