scanner in a dentist office

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Tex, do you perchance mean csV instead of csZ?

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Jake when you were considering the different scanners, was Trios 3 mono (black and white upgradable to color later) taken into consideration? It is supposed to be a lot less expensive up front. But, your reservation about the trios was the annual subscriptions, so i assume the lower up front fee wouldn't have swayed your purchase?

Anyways, most of the dentists and technicians I have spoken with, love the technology and are eager to embrace it. What is the 1 or 2 reasons in your opinion that dentists will not make the commitment to purchase an io scanner? What are they waiting for and for how long will they wait? IF it is like a computer, once I spend $2000 for it, 6 months later I could buy the same one for 1200. They keep getting better and faster but the price hovers around that 1500 range for the latest and best.

Hi Labtek! I wanted "real" color to differentiate between hard/soft tissues. Where deep margins are concern, they say it makes a difference. Can't remember exactly what the "mono" Trios was......I believe in the low $20,000. Yeah, the whole concept of subscription fees and mandatory updates puts a bad taste in my mouth. Good revenue stream for them, but updates sometimes break things that are running smoothly. I wanted the ability to choose my updates.

Personally, I believe digital impressions will take over in a few years. It is on the expensive side! And as you mentioned above, as soon as you drop down $$$, 12-18 months later, there's something a lot nicer (just like a computer). And then some dentists don't want the responsibility for the case. It's always easier to blame it on the lab tech......yes.....I believe a good % of dentists do that! Personally, I like to take responsibility of the case.....from shade selection to margin fit! Lab Technicians do some amazing restorations from crappy impressions/bites/etc., etc.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Tex, do you perchance mean csV instead of csZ?

Hey Partner! Nope......Carestream's proprietary file format is .csz. Now you can change that when the .stl converter license feature is set up right. BOY.....STL is very important!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I supply the scanner .No fees,no problem.

S

stephen hughes

Reaction score
Hey Partner! Nope......Carestream's proprietary file format is .csz. Now you can change that when the .stl converter license feature is set up right. BOY.....STL is very important!

Jake, the CSZ is the CareStream 'Raw Scan'. You need to finish going through the ACQ software (refinement and all the other checks) for it to pop out a DICOM file. That 'DCM' file is what you will run through the Mesh Converter app to get you STL and PLY files.

On a related note the DCM file that the software created is a proprietary CareStream DCM file, it is not compatible with 3shape.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Jake, the CSZ is the CareStream 'Raw Scan'. You need to finish going through the ACQ software (refinement and all the other checks) for it to pop out a DICOM file. That 'DCM' file is what you will run through the Mesh Converter app to get you STL and PLY files.

On a related note the DCM file that the software created is a proprietary CareStream DCM file, it is not compatible with 3shape.

Stephen.....I do believe you are correct......here's my problem with the license.....maybe tomorrow now!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 23
S

stephen hughes

Reaction score
Admittedly I am a bit more familiar with the 3500. I do not recognize this conversion Management window.

In the Dental Imaging software, you should be able to open up the patient history and click 'Send To". Then have a STL pop out. (I cant attach photos yet) http://imgur.com/a/Iz3xC

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Stephen.....you are right again! It's a screenshot of the .stl license error within CSModel. I can't make it come up within the Imaging software. It's actually a "drop-down" menu to make the .stl conversion.
8:00 a.m. in the morning fellers. They promise to have a tech ready to finish/repair install. I'll have sample .stl files for your viewing pleasure. I'm anxious to see what you think about the scans.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Here ya go fellers.....I'll try and help answer questions, send files, whatever!

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
One more time....

Sorry....over the size limit.....let me see if I can zip them

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
use dropbox or something

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
yeah.....don't have dropbox.....seems like I can share files in my iCloud account.....I'll be back!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
looks like some kind of practice case.

and a jaw from out of nowhere.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
Yeah Luke! Model with preps that came with the scanner.

Jake Dobbins

Jake Dobbins

Reaction score
I've got a crown in the morning, but i still don't have an "open" miller. Have to use the Cerec setup. I'll make time to scan with CS3600 also. Should have an actual case tomorrow evening for you.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
even if u dont make a crown scan the pt. get some practice. get good.

Top Bottom