Scan Spray

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I tried the foot spray, the spot check and the Harvest spray. Hate them all.
Now I found dry shampoo spray. Make sure to get the cheap stuff. The cheaper it is the "whiter" it is. Some are claiming to be translucent and I think they wont work so well. I love this stuff because 1. It is VERY fine, sprays even, covers great and 2. It smells great!!
You find dry shampoo in the shampoo isle in every drugstore and places like Walmart

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
For those of you that are using spray, are you using it on all of your scans, are you getting better scans than just scanning the stone models?

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I use the spray only on abutments, soft tissue or diagnostic wax ups. My models are fine. no need for spray. I think spray makes things more un-accurate, so I only use it when I need it.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
For those of you that are using spray, are you using it on all of your scans, are you getting better scans than just scanning the stone models?

I only use it when the scanner misses some areas, or when I manually block out undercuts and the surface is slightly reflective. But I don't have to use spray on many.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use it to spray my scanner camera lens. This turns my red laser into a white light scanner which is more accurate from a conversational distance.

E

Evan Katz RDT

Reaction score
Baby powder works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
just grabbed a bottle of Arm & Hammer Easy Spray Foot Powder.
i think it was $6 at Walmart or Walgreens. very even coverage and a uniform spray. works really well and is my new go-to scan spray

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This is what I use, the generic stuff. But I hate using sprays, it makes clouds of dust you cant really see. I also use it for fit check, much cheaper at 6-7 bucks.
c85a4dec568fd3096e72c071c6b5a00fe5c487bd70625151d7d2e54b20742659.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Make sure the can says 'powder' and not 'lotion' spray...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
This is what I use, the generic stuff. But I hate using sprays, it makes clouds of dust you cant really see. I also use it for fit check, much cheaper at 6-7 bucks.
c85a4dec568fd3096e72c071c6b5a00fe5c487bd70625151d7d2e54b20742659.jpg
i was using the Tinactin for quite some time. got fed up with unreliable spray thickness. which is why i grabbed the A&H

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
i was using the Tinactin for quite some time. got fed up with unreliable spray thickness. which is why i grabbed the A&H

Same here, it came out a little blotchie. So I went with Walgreens' version (Athlete's Foot Powder Spray) and it goes on so much more fine and even.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah I dont use the tinactin, just couldnt resist that tag line! I use 'leader' brand from the local drugstore. Works perfect, 1 or 2 second burst and its a perfect thin white film. I spray into the suction unit, as 90% of the powder goes into the air.

Top Bottom