roland dwx50 problem

D

dr jaime bonilla

Reaction score
hi .....wanted to know if someone can help me out...i have the roland dwx50 for 3 years working perfectly fine since today..when it started to mill it stayed up the headunit....it didnt go down to touch the disck...stayed up and doing the whole milling thing up there.like if it was touching the disck...the head unit can go up and down with no problem cos i can see it when i was calibrate it wich i did 3 times thinking that was something wrong..but nothing..i redid the cam file again and the same..i did another cam file and same again.....hope you can help me out in this one.......thanks ..dr jaime

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
If it calibrates fine something might have changed in your CAM software. Disc type, offset, etc.

The calibration coordinates are fed straight from vPanel, regular milling comes from the CAM.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Sounds like the CAM software ..the file it generated is screwy.

Restart computer, restart CAM software, re-import the job from scratch so the CAM software can generate a new file.

If you want to send me the job i will test it for you.

Which CAM software are you using?

K

KMDL

Reaction score
hello everyone, I have the same problem as dr Jaime. but I think not about the cam software. since 1 have 2 DWX running on 2 different PC. lets call the faulty one PC A and DWX A. the other PC B and DWX B. I have tried running DWX A on PC B, and it was still milling air above block. I also have tried running the DWX B on PC A, result is good. so I think its the DWX?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
hello everyone, I have the same problem as dr Jaime. but I think not about the cam software. since 1 have 2 DWX running on 2 different PC. lets call the faulty one PC A and DWX A. the other PC B and DWX B. I have tried running DWX A on PC B, and it was still milling air above block. I also have tried running the DWX B on PC A, result is good. so I think its the DWX?
That sounds like a homing issue. It needs recallibrated most likely. It thinks its parts are in a differeent place than it is makes the most sense,

K

KMDL

Reaction score
but as dr Jaime, I already callibrated more than twice.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
but as dr Jaime, I already callibrated more than twice.
Okay, this may sound unlikely, but check the burrs from one machine against those of the other. Se if someone ordered the wrong ones and they just happened to fit enough that it wasn't noticed.

Then check that the mewsurments in the CAM's tool descriotion is correct.

Top Bottom